Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Convertible/Toddler Carseat Compatible with Snap n Go?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

yogabird

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 7:10 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
If you just need to transport it for very short distances, can you get a carrier bag with a strap (or a duffel bag) and sling it over your shoulder?

Okay, that's an idea. Thanks Very Happy

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 7:16 pm
It would be very heavy and liable to make the stroller tip over I would think. It might also get in the way of pushing it. I have a Scenera that I can take a look at in the back to see if there is anywhere you can thread something like a luggage buckle strap through to hook onto the handlebars...but I can't check tonight.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 7:19 pm
Or I guess you could thread something like that through the straps of the seat and attach it facing the stroller (I was imagining it in reverse).

smile4

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 7:24 pm
Yes it is possible to balance a cosco scenera next on top of a stroller Smile I only did it for short distances in the airport, so I can't say how well it would stay on for walking long distances, but maybe you can use the tether strap to secure it somehow.

yogabird

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 7:29 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
It would be very heavy and liable to make the stroller tip over I would think. It might also get in the way of pushing it. I have a Scenera that I can take a look at in the back to see if there is anywhere you can thread something like a luggage buckle strap through to hook onto the handlebars...but I can't check tonight.

That would be great. Whenever you get a chance.

yogabird

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 7:32 pm
smile4 wrote:
Yes it is possible to balance a cosco scenera next on top of a stroller Smile I only did it for short distances in the airport, so I can't say how well it would stay on for walking long distances, but maybe you can use the tether strap to secure it somehow.
I can't see your picture, but this makes me happy. I don't need it to work for long distances at all.

smile4

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 8:56 pm
yogabird wrote:
I can't see your picture, but this makes me happy. I don't need it to work for long distances at all.

Glad to hear. It definitely wasn't too heavy and didn't get in the way of pushing, but it would really depend which stroller you have. Can anyone else see my picture?

yogabird

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 9:01 pm
smile4 wrote:
Glad to hear. It definitely wasn't too heavy and didn't get in the way of pushing, but it would really depend which stroller you have. Can anyone else see my picture?

What stroller is it? I don't have any, so I'm open to recommendations.

smile4

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 9:18 pm
yogabird wrote:
What stroller is it? I don't have any, so I'm open to recommendations.

I just used a cheap Graco fast action fold stroller because that's all I have, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it because it doesn't push well in general. But I know from friends that the scenera sits nicely on top of a city mini, which is a very popular well liked stroller Smile

yogabird

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 9:51 pm
smile4 wrote:
I just used a cheap Graco fast action fold stroller because that's all I have, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it because it doesn't push well in general. But I know from friends that the scenera sits nicely on top of a city mini, which is a very popular well liked stroller Smile

When I said I didn't have a stroller, I meant an umbrella stroller. I already have an uppababy vista, but I'm obviously not using that to travel. How different are the hoods?

smile4

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 10:05 pm
yogabird wrote:
When I said I didn't have a stroller, I meant an umbrella stroller. I already have an uppababy vista, but I'm obviously not using that to travel. How different are the hoods?

I'm not really sure, sorry. But I would think any stroller with a decent hood would work. It's a very light car seat.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 5:35 am
yogabird wrote:

I can see it -- looks like it needs a decent hood.

Another idea I have heard is for people to extend the harness straps all the way out and then wear it like a backpack (if it fits!) while pushing a stroller.

lfab

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 6:08 am
yogabird wrote:
Bumping this up to ask if anyone ever tried balancing a toddler carseat on the hood of an umbrella stroller.

The carseat I'm thinking of getting is the Cosco Scenera, because it's the most lightweight one I could find, at 7.5 pounds.

Don't need this to work for long distances, just for short walks from the car into a building and up an elevator.

I just came across this post and wanted to mention that we bought the Cosco Scenera car seat because it's pretty narrow for a convertible and it's inexpensive. However, just a warning that it does not work well as a rear facing car seat. We were never able to secure it properly (couldn't get it tight enough for it to be safe and we tried it in several different vehicles to make sure it was the seat and not our car). We ended up having to replace it with a different convertible and only use the Scenera as a forward facing seat. I understand the reasons for going with that seat but for a child that young you may want to look around for a different car seat that is safer to use rear facing.

smile4

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 6:29 am
lfab wrote:
I just came across this post and wanted to mention that we bought the Cosco Scenera car seat because it's pretty narrow for a convertible and it's inexpensive. However, just a warning that it does not work well as a rear facing car seat. We were never able to secure it properly (couldn't get it tight enough for it to be safe and we tried it in several different vehicles to make sure it was the seat and not our car). We ended up having to replace it with a different convertible and only use the Scenera as a forward facing seat. I understand the reasons for going with that seat but for a child that young you may want to look around for a different car seat that is safer to use rear facing.

I'm not sure if you are referring to the original Cosco Scenera or the Cosco Scenera NEXT, but I actually would highly recommend the Scenera NEXT for rear facing. (not sure about the original.) As someone who has spent many many hours devoted to car seat safety, and spoken to many CPST's (Child Passenger Safety Technicians - planning to become one myself one day) - I can tell you that this is a great seat for extended rear facing. It's not as useful for forward facing since the highest slot position is pretty low and it needs to be above the child's shoulders for a safe forward facing fit. If you were having trouble with installation, I would recommend getting in touch with a CPST for help. (send me a private message if you want help getting in touch with someone.) I have this seat installed in my car rear facing right now, and it is very secure. If anyone is interested, here is a link to a review of the seat written by very experienced CPST's that explains what I mentioned above.

http://csftl.org/cosco-scenera-next-review/

yogabird

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 7:03 am
Thanks to all of those that are chiming in. All this info is very helpful.

Smile4 I can see you're picture now and it looks perfect. I didn't even think of putting it upside down but that makes so much sense. It does need a decent hood, but any decent stroller should have one.

While we're on the topic, can Cosco scenera users tell me about installation? Since we're going to be taking it in and out of a car fairly often. Is it doable or a total pain in the neck every time?

I hope it will work for me for rear facing, but even if it doesn't, it's still better than no car seat at all, and that's pretty much where I'm left if I can't figure something else out.

Oh, and if anyone can recommend a great umbrella stroller for under 100 I'd very much appreciate that Smile

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 8:53 am
I use the Scenera rear facing as a backup car seat, and it's not great but doable. I know a lot of people have success with wedging a pool noodle (not so feasible for travel use) or even a rolled up towel to get a good angle. I wouldn't recommend it as a primary seat if one can get something else, but for a travel seat, it's hard to compete with the price and weight.

smile4

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 8:56 am
yogabird wrote:
Thanks to all of those that are chiming in. All this info is very helpful.

Smile4 I can see you're picture now and it looks perfect. I didn't even think of putting it upside down but that makes so much sense. It does need a decent hood, but any decent stroller should have one.

While we're on the topic, can Cosco scenera users tell me about installation? Since we're going to be taking it in and out of a car fairly often. Is it doable or a total pain in the neck every time?

I hope it will work for me for rear facing, but even if it doesn't, it's still better than no car seat at all, and that's pretty much where I'm left if I can't figure something else out.

Oh, and if anyone can recommend a great umbrella stroller for under 100 I'd very much appreciate that Smile

Taking car seats in and out of cars is never fun, but if I had to do it, this is the car seat I would want to be using. (Make sure it's the Scenera NEXT - not the original.) I have practiced installing it a lot recently, and once you get the hang of it, it's pretty straightforward.

There is really no reason to forward face this seat. It is really designed to be used mostly for rear facing. If you are having trouble with installing it rear facing, I would definitely recommend meeting with a CPST- they can teach you all sorts of tips and tricks that will help you get a secure installation. It's worth it to do this, because for a child under 2, rear facing has been shown to be 5x safer, and the benefits of rear facing last long after age 2 as well.

lfab

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 9:28 am
One other idea, which infant car seat do you currently have? Depending on the size of your baby you may be able to use one of the larger infant car seats such as the graco 35. There are several infant car seats out there now that allow you to keep baby in them for longer as they can accomodate a taller, heavier infant. For example, we have a Graco 32 infant car seat and are still using it for our 14 month old. This way you can continue to use a snap n go

yogabird

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 10:01 am
Believe me, is that would've been an option I wouldn't be here agonizing over this. He's currently in the Graco 35 and I can't even fasten it if he's wearing a sweater Smile

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 10:45 am
Baby wear and use the stroller's seat for the car seat to rest on?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics