Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dressy Boys' Clothes - So Frustrated!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 3:34 pm
I got a gorgeous white shirt with silver elbow patches for my toddler, from zara. Pairing it with suspenders and a bow tie from h&m that are adjustable size and we've used since he was a small baby. And a pair of plain dark pants.

married05

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 4:25 pm
On Amazon search Richie house boys. They have cute stuff and good quality

Sewsew_mom

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:02 pm
I don't get why anyone needs to buy any clothes for kids now. It's still summer. Summer clothes still work.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:05 pm
MnM1130 wrote:
I don't get why anyone needs to buy any clothes for kids now. It's still summer. Summer clothes still work.

Serious question. You start shopping for fall/winter clothes once it's already cold?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:07 pm
Have you tried designer spot? I got coordinating cardigans and shirts for 35$. I had bought pants on sale end of season last yr...
They have a nice selection of shirts. They have nice quality suspenders too.

Old navy has a cute sweater with leather on shoulders. Looks like zara type. It was 12$ yeaterday with labor day sale...

HM has collarless shirts.
Next has pants

Girls on the other hand.... forget about it!

Sewsew_mom

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:10 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Serious question. You start shopping for fall/winter clothes once it's already cold?
absolutely! And I get all the nice clothes for 70% off! And this way I don't force my kids to wear winter clothes for rosh hashana when it's summer. I actually cheat a little and buy one winter outfit when the winter stuff are 70% off the season b4 and use that for sukkos if it's cold. I think ita crazy that everyone runs and buys things b4 rosh hashana. Also I second designers spot. Found them randomly on the Avenue and their prices are unbeatable.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:12 pm
MnM1130 wrote:
absolutely! And I get all the nice clothes for 70% off! And this way I don't force my kids to wear winter clothes for rosh hashana when it's summer. I actually cheat a little and buy one winter outfit when the winter stuff are 70% off the season b4 and use that for sukkos if it's cold. I think ita crazy that everyone runs and buys things b4 rosh hashana. Also I second designers spot. Found them randomly on the Avenue and their prices are unbeatable.

Hmm. It often is cold on sukkos (though this year we may need a/c on our porch). And sales begin in earnest in November. Way too late for me.

ETA: my kids are never in winter clothes in rosh hashana. I don't know anyone who is. Sukkos is a different story.

Last edited by youngishbear on Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sewsew_mom

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:12 pm
amother wrote:
Have you tried designer spot? I got coordinating cardigans and shirts for 35$. I had bought pants on sale end of season last yr...
They have a nice selection of shirts. They have nice quality suspenders too.

Old navy has a cute sweater with leather on shoulders. Looks like zara type. It was 12$ yeaterday with labor day sale...

HM has collarless shirts.
Next has pants

Girls on the other hand.... forget about it!

Zaras usually has girls.. I didn't look to shop yet but I imagine I'll pass thru Zaras.

Sewsew_mom

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:14 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Hmm. It often is cold on sukkos (though this year we may need a/c on our porch). And sales begin in earnest in November. Way too late for me.
sales jn the Jewish stores start right after sukkos. And it's never cold sukkos. Maybe slight chilly so the kids need a sweater?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:16 pm
MnM1130 wrote:
Zaras usually has girls.. I didn't look to shop yet but I imagine I'll pass thru Zaras.

Zaras stuff is way too short for my girls. Maybe a top or sweater but a "cheap" skirt is 45$!!

Shoelover

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:18 pm
I would still put a 2 year old boy in leggings (which are way cheaper than pants). Zara usually has some shabbos clothes options and crew cuts always has sales. Sites like my habit and zulily also have dressier clothing sometimes

youngishbear

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:18 pm
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32326928897.html

Has anyone tried this website?

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:31 pm
It might not be cold by you, but it defiantly can be cold where I live by the time it's sukkos. And I do remember walking to shul once in rosh hashana, in the snow!

Although this year it's still hot here, but it's totally unpredictable by sukkos.

Anyway, I like to get my kids a few new school outfits (my oldest starts uniforms next year), and sukkos at the same time.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:37 pm
MnM1130 wrote:
sales jn the Jewish stores start right after sukkos. And it's never cold sukkos. Maybe slight chilly so the kids need a sweater?

IME, the sales start closer to chanukah and not after sukkos...

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:43 pm
mommy2b2c wrote:
Since everyone seems to have boys on this thread, would like to say this:

I have two boys. One wears size 12. The other wears size 7 or 8. I have lots of beautiful weekday and shabbos clothing that I am interested in giving away. It clutters up my house and I would like to share it with someone frum who will appreciate that it is fine childrens wear. Please let me know if you want some.

Where do you live?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:47 pm
amother wrote:
Where do you live?

Brooklyn

youngishbear

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:50 pm
amother wrote:
IME, the sales start closer to chanukah and not after sukkos...

This.

Ashrei

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 10:03 pm
Wow... I must be totally clueless about boys fashion. I just put them in white shirts ($7) and black pants for Shabbos/yontif. Occasionally I'll put on a little tie (with a zipper). Hand me down pants/shoes from friends. And I live in a fancy part of Flatbush too, what the neighbors must think!!!

rowo

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 10:06 pm
Someone was trying to convince me that 'everyone' spends about $100 per outfit, once you have all the different bits and pieces...
With three kids, thats $600 just for shabbos/yomtov clothes for one season. I don't know how people do it ?!?
(And realistically over y't my kids need more than two outfits each)
I've bought each of my kids one new thing for yomtov.
My youngest has clothes from the oldest, so he didn't need much, and I ordered a pair of pants from next for the oldest. My daughter I bought a pretty dress on sale for $15 a few weeks ago.
When the weather changes more I'll assess what they still need. But for now it's a matter of swapping tights and socks or adding a cardigan depending on the weather.

It's nice and special to have something new for Yomtov, so I do like to make sure they have something. But I much rather shop around and pick things up on sale, buying slowly than all at once.

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 11:19 pm
youngishbear wrote:
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32326928897.html

Has anyone tried this website?

I've bought thing but not boys clothing. I got sunglasses and costume jewelry.

It's a little tedious trying to find stuff but you can find great deals if you are willing to spend time. You need to look at seller ratings. Your credit card isn't charged until you get the item so you wouldn't be scammed but like any mail order sometimes it's not what you thought it was and returns wouldn't make sense because of tje expense and hassle.

But if you see something that looks good and the supplier has good ratings, you can definitely do well.

Last edited by Amarante on Wed, Sep 09 2015, 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics