Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Beautiful or inappropriate?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Beyla

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 7:01 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
For everyone who's freaked out about the little girl - at what age do you stop helping your kids take a bath? Do you feel perverted if you have to wash their hair?

No problem for washing my kids and helping my daughter with her hair, but I'm not undressed with her. Big difference in my eyes. I don't find odd being undressed with a baby.

chavs

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 7:02 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
For everyone who's freaked out about the little girl - at what age do you stop helping your kids take a bath? Do you feel perverted if you have to wash their hair?

No it's normal to help your kids wash, and I might even bathe with my little one (not 4 or 5 though which she looks on the picture), but I wouldn't take a picture of my kids naked.

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 7:05 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I am not naked when I wash their hair or help them in the bath.

While the photo is beautiful, I am in the camp that it would be just as beautiful with clothes on.

Dandelion1

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 7:24 pm
The picture itself is lovely and definitely eye catching .... It has an artificial quality because of the meticulous posing tho... The lack of clothing kinda highlights that because why on earth would they all be naked.....?

But for sure that's a matter of taste. I hate posed photos and all the pictures I frame tend to be natural captured moments, dd eating a peach, ds pointing to a flower.... Dh on the other hand chooses photos where everyone is looking straight at the camera with a thumbs up sign saying cheese....

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 7:56 pm
I love it!

Would I need to hire a boudoir photographer if I want to take such a photo Twisted Evil

youngishbear

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 7:57 pm
Lady Bug wrote:
I love it!

Would I need to hire a boudoir photographer if I want to take such a photo Twisted Evil

This is a sub-specialty. Underage bodoir photography shock

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 8:12 pm
Why can't it be both? I agree with Mommy LA's discomfort with it.

There are long term consequences to a child seeing adult nudity. Those two children shouldn't have had to see their mother's. This needs to be explained?

It's not great that the two children saw each other's nudity either.

I do agree with JMM about iced coffee, however. But her taste has failed her here, in my opinion.

seraphima

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 8:38 pm
aleph wrote:
The picture itself is lovely and definitely eye catching .... It has an artificial quality because of the meticulous posing tho... The lack of clothing kinda highlights that because why on earth would they all be naked.....?

ITA...The baby is completely adorable though

Laiya

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:49 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Really? Would you remove every nude from every gallery in the world?

Anyone can make a sick fixation out of anything. People can be turned on by a woman's shoe. Shall we ban all shoes, in case some sicko gets excited by them?

If you can't tell the difference between a mother loving her children, and purient interest, then I don't know what else to tell you.

To paraphrase: I may disagree with your art, but I will defend to my death your right to create it.

I'm not worried about the safety or abuse of shoes. I'm also not concerned with adults, who can give informed consent.

But I would never risk my child's safety or dignity in that way, no matter how remote the risk.

Laiya

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 9:53 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
The pervs have the Dark Web, that fills their needs.

And yet, we recently had a 35+pg. thread on whether children in a certain area are being used as subjects for child [filth]

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Sep 08 2015, 10:07 pm
I am pretty sure the little girl is wearing a bodysuit.

Personally I don't like nude pics of children so not my taste but it is great photography.

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 2:08 am
No worry Dolly, I would not take or hang up such a photo in my house.

I think it's beautiful but wrong at the same time. Not fair to the kids who are too young to understand.

Love the feeling of love and serenity that the picture gives though

Bored

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 2:32 am
I cannot imagine that Meg would want her picture on here. It is seen as a form of stealing, please remove the picture and post a link
Thanks!

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 2:35 am
Bored wrote:
I cannot imagine that Meg would want her picture on here. It is seen as a form of stealing, please remove the picture and post a link
Thanks!

She posted it on FB, so she's happy for ppl to share and publicize it

Bored

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 2:42 am
JMM-uc wrote:
She posted it on FB, so she's happy for ppl to share and publicize it

liking and sharing is different than taking the picture and posting it to your social forum and not even posting a link or anything, I am telling you what I know for a fact from photographers. they do NOT appreciate their pictures being posted elsewhere without permission

myself

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 6:07 am
Beyla wrote:
Interesting that most of the posters (me also) feel awkward because of the little girl who's undressed and not because of the mother.

Actually, I think it's a beautiful picture (not that I would hang it up though) but feel uncomfortable about the mother's nudity. I don't like the idea of parents going nude in front of the their kids. It's totally inappropriate IMVHO. The kids' nudity doesn't bother be as much though as they seem quite young.

chavs

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 6:17 am
Just to point out to all of those commenting on the mothers nudity, she is clearly not naked, she is wearing some sort of skin coloured body suit, you can see the straps.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 7:59 am
chavs wrote:
Just to point out to all of those commenting on the mothers nudity, she is clearly not naked, she is wearing some sort of skin coloured body suit, you can see the straps.

It's likely the little girl is wearing something like that, too. Her hair is arranged to block the straps.

Six boyz

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 8:45 am
Mother is not naked.
Do you think she would let herself be photographed naked, so soon after giving birth?

youngishbear

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 9:13 am
Six boyz wrote:
Mother is not naked.
Do you think she would let herself be photographed naked, so soon after giving birth?

She isn't but the point of the photo is to give that impression.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art