Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Beautiful or inappropriate?
Previous  1  2  3

ora_43

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 9:16 am
It's a beautiful picture. Like previous posters said the photographer did an amazing job capturing the lighting, and the mood.

That said, I can just imagine how the kids will react to this as teens. "Mo-om!! Get that off the wall already! Aiden and Dakota will be here in five minutes and my friends do NOT need to see the picture where we're all naked!"

gp2.0

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 9:58 am
The girl is wearing a bodysuit, you can see the line at the top of her thigh.

But I too am uncomfortable with photographing a group of people and giving the appearance that they are all naked. I get that it's supposed to feel pure but to me it feels awkward and slightly perverted.

Yes I'm comfortable seeing my own young daughters naked, but I'm less comfortable seeing their friends naked (play date, needed help wiping in bathroom, sleepover, decided she was hot and wanted to sleep naked) and I certainly wouldn't want the public to see my daughter naked.

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 12:48 pm
Six boyz wrote:
Mother is not naked.
Do you think she would let herself be photographed naked, so soon after giving birth?

I don't know. Look at her stomach. Maybe it is just my phone but it looks to me like a baby trail and her belly button.

Another mom

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 3:33 pm
Well I guess I have the best internet filter 'cuz I got a blank post (OP)... If it's inappropriate then our kids (+DH) shouldn't be seeing it on the computer either. I'm glad I have "internet rimon"!! Highly recommended..... put it on Ds's smartphone too - LOL It's Israeli but maybe can work in the US??

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 4:04 pm
I just realized what a hypocrite I am! embarrassed

Earlier I wrote about how are is supposed to make you "think", and how it's all subjective, etc... and then I go judging people who feel uncomfortable with the subject of the photo.

My apologies to everyone. Thank you for reminding me of what art is really about (even if I do think you're all a bunch of hopeless prudes. Wink )

Laiya

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 4:19 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Earlier I wrote about how are is supposed to make you "think", and how it's all subjective, etc... and then I go judging people who feel uncomfortable with the subject of the photo.

My apologies to everyone. Thank you for reminding me of what art is really about (even if I do think you're all a bunch of hopeless prudes. Wink )

Hearing different views and opinions is what I like about this site Smile

youngishbear

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 4:23 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Ha.

Self-awareness is another thing I like about this site.

Only smart people get it.

Brownies

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 5:04 pm
Does anybody else see something strange about the little boy's arm and hand or is it just me?

BrachaBatya

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 11:12 pm
Not my kind of thing, though I know these types of photos are very popular.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art