Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Good parve egg recipe

muss

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 11:32 am
Looking for a good parve egg recipe that's a whole meal for supper

mha3484

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 11:35 am
Shakshuka. Veggie omelette or scrambled eggs with toast,

muss

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 11:40 am
mha3484 wrote:
Shakshuka. Veggie omelette or scrambled eggs with toast,

What's shakshuka?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 11:48 am
Google recipes for quiche or fritatta. There's loads of them out there.

I like to make a greek style fritatta with chopped artichoke bottoms, sun dried tomatoes, basil, and calamata olives.

To make it dairy, add feta cheese.

To make it more creamy, add Tofutti faux sour cream.

mha3484

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 11:50 am
I often add other veggies that I want to use up like eggplant or mushrooms. A cookbook I have suggests potatoes. You can add feta but its optional. Two recipes: http://toriavey.com/toris-kitc.....huka/ or http://www.busyinbrooklyn.com/.....cipe/

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 11:51 am
I've done sauteed onion, zuchinni diced or sliced, and tomatoe diced then added in eggs and shredded mozzerella cheese or pizza cheese and cheddar....salt and pepper to taste ....it can be served with fresh bread or rolls....
One time I added in some cooked potatoes....sliced them up mixed it in with this mixture and then put the skillet in the oven for a few minutes with the shredded cheese spread on the top and it all became more firm and had melting bubbly cheese on top...everyone loved it...

Frumdoc

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 4:05 pm
Try this, based on a sephardi style shakshuka. This is the easy version, alternatives using dried chickpeas and fresh veg even more delish.

Tin of chickpeas, drained. Tin of chopped tomatoes. One aubergine, cut into small cubes. Any of the following : sweet potato/ squash/ regular potato/ zucchini/ mushrooms. Cut into small chunks and spread in a stonewear (or disposable foil) dish. Add tomato paste/ passata/ ketchup and whatever spices you like to use with a tomato base (garlic, oregano, salt pepper plus coriander, parsley, cumin and/ or paprika and chilli if you like those spices. Add a half cup of israeli couscous and fill with water until the veg are just covered. Can mix in some cheese or yoghurt at this point as well.

Bake for 45 mins or until the veg is cooked through. Then make several small dips in the surface, large enough to put an egg in, and carefully add a whole egg, yolk intact to eact dip. One per person.

You can add a generous sprinkling of cheese plus some breadcrumbs at this point to make a nice crust.

Bake for another 10-15 mins, then take out, serve in pasta bowls. A meal in one, with carbs, protein and lots of veg, and minimal washing up/cleaning.

All ingredients optional other than tomatoes (but any combo of tinned/ passata/ paste/ catsup/ sun dried is good) and chick peas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics