Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Help! I'm sick, I have a very active toddler, and Dh is away

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 3:25 pm
im sick with a pounding headache and nausea (I already threw up this morning). On Wednesdays, Dh's schedule allows him to be home so today he was a great help, watching the toddler all day. But tomorrow he has to be away from 9 am-9 pm. And I don't have any family in this town, or friends who I can ask for help (they all work or have little kids of their own and can't/won't watch 2 at once). I don't either know any babysitters- we have tried in the past to find babysitters for during the day, but we never had luck.
What if I am still sick tomorrow??? How will I manage? I am so nervous...

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 3:56 pm
Refuah sheliema, G-d willing you'll feel better in the morning. Drink lots of water, and sleep as much as you possibly can.

If you have a pack and play, put your child in there with lots of toys, snacks, and a sippy cup or bottle. Set it up next to the sofa, and nap there.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 4:13 pm
Refuah Shelaimah...it can be a 12 hour virus and it will pass...drink Powerade...you need electrolytes!!! I second FrantiFrummie about the pack n play...or if you dont have one, I've had to put my kid in the crib with food and toys while I lay in bed either next to him or on the couch etc...feel better...hugs

mamita

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 5:17 pm
Pamper yourself today before tomorrow! Get a good Long nights sleep in. Then do it franticfrummies way. Besides the children everything else can sort itself out or wait.
Refuah shleima. And a sweet new *healthy* year
Hugs
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics