Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
REMINDER: DON'T FORGET

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 6:31 pm
We all need to check our smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors twice a year. Many frum people have the minhag to do it Pesach/ Yomim Noraim. (Other's do it at clock switching times).

PLEASE: check your batteries and/or replace!! Make sure you have one in all areas of your house/apartment! Every bedroom, main living areas, and at least one per floor (basement, attic, and garages too!).
Don't forget at this hectic time of the year!
You can be saving your family's lives!!! When we ask HKBH this upcoming month for a year of life and health: know that you did your hishtadlus!!

(news has been scaring me. Can you tell?)

zaq

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 6:44 pm
Frankly, I would think it better to do when the clocks change. Erev Pesach and RH there are so many details to take care of, why add one more that has nothing to do with the chag?

Excellent reminder, though.

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 3:49 pm
zaq wrote:
Frankly, I would think it better to do when the clocks change. Erev Pesach and RH there are so many details to take care of, why add one more that has nothing to do with the chag?

Excellent reminder, though.

Someone had told me that they do it during the chagim-time... I personally don't but for those that this is an easy way to remember- whatever works for them! This person told me that when they are cleaning for Pesach they just notice things more: which rooms do not have one etc. They are already getting on the stepladder to clean the top of the bookcases/get down the hagaddas so do it in the same trip!
Plus, in America at least the clock changes used to be about the same time of the year anyways...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics