Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What do cleaning ladies do

professor

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 9:07 pm
I was thinking of introducing my family to a cleaning lady. but my house is SO hard to keep up with, I dont know which job to have her do? I also dont know how long each thing takes her to do? I mean, work needs to be done every day! what do you give a cleaning lady who only comes once a week to do? the bathroom? it gets dirty the next day, so you clean it every day and she does it once a week? help

Delores

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 1:32 am
Oven, stove, fridge, bathtub are what come to mind. Also polishing silver, cleaning under the couch and beds. I think it's a waste to have her do dishes, fold laundry or put away toys. She should be doing the scrubbing that usually needs to be done once a week and the family should work on maintaining it the rest of the time.

Raisin

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 2:13 am
it depends how often she comes. Mine comes 2-3 times a week, always on friday. She sweeps and washes floors, vacuums, cleans bathrooms, cleans the fridge out once a week, irons anything that needs to be ironed, puts away clean sheets and towels and changes bedding, empties and loads dishwashers, cleans kitchen.

Some of those things I do myself on the days she is not there (sweep, dishwasher, tidy up) but others I don't. I don't wash the floor or vacuum unless it gets really dirty. (if she comes twice a week I do vacuum)

It really depends on you and your house as well. But in general big jobs you only do once or twice a week. Fridge, floors, under sofas, changing linens. You might want her to do the small daily jobs so you get a break once a week.

cuffs

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 2:25 am
When I had cleaning help once a week on Fridays, I would organize the mess, put toys away, clear the window sills, clear the tables.... This way when she walks in she could just CLEAN. She does the dishes, changes the linen, bathroom (gives the tub a good scrub with bleach...) washes the floors and dusts. It takes her 2 hours cuz I organized myself befor she came. Recently I had her come On Mondays also, so then she has time to clean the oven, the fridge, maybe some ironing, and again bathroom and wash the main rooms floor.
When you have a cleaning lady she really scrubs, more then you do Smile so it won't be dirty the next day! Like 2 days after:)

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 11:02 am
They do everything, unless they are finicky. In that case, think hard. She will make trouble. She can pick up and organize but she loses precious time.

professor

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 1:40 pm
I had her do my fridge, and under beds and the couch. I also had her do the bathrooms. thanks to all the responses! its a mechayeh to have help!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry