Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
I've had it with Donald Trump!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 10:25 pm
seraphima wrote:
I didn't realize that anyone took Trump seriously. I feel like his MO is a cry for attention so I try to ignore him and hope he goes away.

We all hoped so. Not happening so far. That's the most unbelievable thing about this whole debacle, that people are STILL taking him seriously.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 11:24 pm
Maya wrote:
We all hoped so. Not happening so far. That's the most unbelievable thing about this whole debacle, that people are STILL taking him seriously.

Exactly the way I feel. It's mind boggling to me! How could people seriously consider giving their vote to such a man????

ruby slippers

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 12:06 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I'm really shocked that Trump has as much support as he does right now. It just goes to show what a fiscal mess the US is in, if people are willing to pin their hopes on him. He's far too arrogant, caustic, and outspoken to ever be a good diplomat. Make him secretary of the treasury or something like that, but President? No.

I really, REALLY want to see Dr. Ben Carson win.

That said, if Trump ends up being the front runner against the Hildebeast, I'll vote for him.

ha ha- love the hildebeast line- hope its ok if I use it.

MrsDash

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 12:19 am
America is going to suffer if Donald Trump becomes president.....

You could say they are going 'toupee for it.

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 1:44 am
What upsets me the most about Trump is that it seems he could very well bulldoze his way through the Republican primaries, but I highly doubt he could win the actual presidential election. Which means that if it does come down to Donald vs Hillary, she'd be very likely to win. If someone normal runs against her, she might still win but at least maybe we'd have a fighting chance at having a normal president. The republican race was so interesting before it became all about Trump. Why is he getting so much more media attention than the others? Money? Grrrrr.

He's said some things that I agree with but that doesn't mean he'd be a good president. I feel that for a position of such power and responsibility you need someone more tame. And L-rd knows we've had enough celebrity president over the last 8 years.

DrMom

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 2:51 am
eema1 wrote:
yes he is over the top- but look at what we have now- it seems people want someone who is loud, outspoken, and says exactly what is on his mind at least he admits he thinks he is g/ds gift to the world! Wish the other candidates would be as loud.

I think one thing that people find appealing about Trump is his brashness when addressing the media (which has a clear liberal bias).

Most other candidates on the Right (let's assume for now that we can classify Trump as being on the Right -- I know there is some controversy about this matter) try to get in the media's good graces by playing nicely. hoping they'll be spared Leftist vitriol if they play along, while Trump pushes back, and hard. I think many on the Right find that refreshing and necessary, and wish some of the other candidates would develop the same moxie.

Other things he has going for him:

- He is clearly capable of running a large organization and getting results.

- He appeals to people within the GOP who are disgusted by the GOP's ineffectiveness over the past 8 years because he is not a classic "party insider," and thus not tainted by the GOP's utter failure to lead.

- He is a celebrity with his own "brand" - in this day and age, that is a plus. We may not like this fact, but it is a fact, and it gives him an edge over his competition, both in the GOP and against his eventual Democratic opponent. It allows him to attract "Reagan Democrat" types from the other side of the aisle, and thus renders him more electable. I'd certainly rather have him at the helm than Hilary Clinton of Bernie Sanders, so for me, his celebrity is a plus. I do agree that it unfortunately eclipses other very worthy GOP candidates.

Again, I am not saying he is the best person for the job, but he does have an appeal than I understand and he may be a very electable candidate.

fmt4

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 7:38 am
daisy dukes wrote:
Too many politicians lie about things. Too many politicians are in legal trouble. Trump is different. He is upfront and honest about his opinions. I love that about him. I never have to figure out what he really means because he says it like it is. I don't think he will ever win presidency but its been nice to hear a "politician" speak their truth for a change. I admire that courage and bravery.

I honestly don't get this viewpoint. Why would you like someone for being honest about their opinions is those opinions are misogynist, rascist, ignorant, and ridiculous? It isn't admirable to speak your mind if what's on your mind is cr*ap. It doesn't take courage and bravery to put down everyone and call that your policy. Rolling Eyes

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 7:50 am
sequoia wrote:
I've been a fan of Dr. Carson since I was a kid. He can't win tho. He's all... polite and stuff.

LOL! If Obama is secretly Kenyan, then Carson is secretly Canadian! LOL

If Carson ever starts really speaking up and grabbing attention the way Trump is, I think he would be unbeatable. I'm afraid that his genuine humility is going to work against him in this campaign. His wife is a lovely, eidel, soft spoken person, too. Michelle Malkin recently wrote a really good piece on her. She'd make an amazing first lady.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 7:54 am
fmt4 wrote:
...Why would you like someone for being honest about their opinions is those opinions are misogynist, rascist, ignorant, and ridiculous? It isn't admirable to speak your mind if what's on your mind is cr*ap. It doesn't take courage and bravery to put down everyone and call that your policy. Rolling Eyes

Actually, in this painfully politically correct era, it takes a lot of courage. Too many people, including politicians, live in fear of being called racist, sexist, homophobe....

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 10:40 am
eema1 wrote:
yes he is over the top- but look at what we have now- it seems people want someone who is loud, outspoken, and says exactly what is on his mind at least he admits he thinks he is g/ds gift to the world! Wish the other candidates would be as loud.

The truth is, most candidates, even gentle Dr. Ben (who no, I wouldn't vote for in the primaries but he can have a voice at the table), must have some degree of arrogance to think they're worth spending close to $1,000,000,000 on.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 10:43 am
DrMom wrote:

Again, I am not saying he is the best person for the job, but he does have an appeal than I understand and he may be a very electable candidate.

Good points in your post but about this one: how far do we take electability? Anyone Republican who can win providing s/he talks pretty, has a decent running mate and a good tentative team?

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 12:29 pm
On the one hand I think he may be good for America only because he is a business man. He will run this country like a business deal and maybe just maybe get us out of the insane debt.

BUT he will kill us all. If we think Obama didn't care about our opinions and did what he wanted, well he will do it x10. He is arrogant, cocky, nasty beyond words and just all round an a$$.
The problem is the worse he get the more attention he gets and the more chances people will vote for him being as many people just vote for the name they recognize the best.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 12:34 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
On the one hand I think he may be good for America only because he is a business man. He will run this country like a business deal and maybe just maybe get us out of the insane debt.

http://thelawdictionary.org/ar.....imes/

I realize this is a legitimate business practice. Interesting to ponder how this would translate to the US budget.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 1:03 pm
Donald Trump wants to make America great again. It's a catchy bumper sticker phrase that has little meaning. He's yet to reveal and policy positions. Yea, he supports Israel, does that mean he wants to increase the $8million a day that the US pays to support Israeli military? Or does that mean he wants to go to war with the Palestinians?

If he wants to make America great again does that mean he wants to continue to outsource US jobs to foreign countries, like he does with his fashion manufacturing? Or does it mean he wants to tighten up on corporations who pay little in taxes and move their money to off shore banks?

He's mentioned little about the high cost of college education that has increased rapidly with the advent of private lenders entering the student loan market?

His dog whistle is immigration, without any details besides he'll build a wall. Is he willing to enforce immigration rules for those companies he subcontracts to? How much money is he going to allocate to this? Where will it come from.

Where does he stand on pay equity for women? What is he willing to do to enforce it?

Where does he stand on access to abortion and birth control for women? His answer to this question varies depending on who is asking it.

He wants to privatize SS. How will this be accomplished?

How does he plan to address cutbacks in science and medical research funding?

What is he willing to do about the decaying infrastructure on federal highways and bridges?

Yes, he's willing to bloviate loudly and crassly. So what, George Wallace did the same.

I'm very interested in hearing what he will have to say in the next round of debates.

DallasIma

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 6:19 pm
I live in Dallas. He is holding a campaign rally in a downtown venue...on the first day of Rosh Hashanah! To me that shows that he couldn't care less about the Jewish vote. Just my opinion.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 6:29 pm
DallasIma wrote:
I live in Dallas. He is holding a campaign rally in a downtown venue...on the first day of Rosh Hashanah! To me that shows that he couldn't care less about the Jewish vote. Just my opinion.

'What's the deal' is a film about Trump that he successfully managed to suppress for a number of years. It's now on YouTube. It's a good film to see if you want to gain some understanding about his relationship with Jews.

fmt4

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 6:46 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Actually, in this painfully politically correct era, it takes a lot of courage. Too many people, including politicians, live in fear of being called racist, sexist, homophobe....

Huh? So being racist, sexist and homophobic is better than being politically correct? Confused
Maybe it takes a certain kind of courage to be bigoted, but it isn't the kind of courage that I admire, and it's not an attribute I would want in a president.

DrMom

Post Sat, Sep 12 2015, 3:13 pm
DallasIma wrote:

Um candidiates campaign at all sorts of times that are not compatible with the Jewish calendar. They (all candidates, not just Trump) campaign on Saturdays and Friday nights, on RH and other holidays. It's kind of ridiculous to feel slighted by this.

octopus

Post Sat, Sep 12 2015, 10:22 pm
I can't believe that trump made it this far, but I will vote for him if he doesn't drop out of the race. Yes, he is all those things that ppl say about him, and I don't think he is a very nice person. But I think he is a STRONG leader, which is what we need right now. I think he will take security threats to this country seriously. I think the bad guys (ISIS) will be afraid of him, and I look at nyc. It was run by mayor michael bloomberg, a businessman - and while he did some annoying things, nyc at the time was in a deficit- and he got us out of it. There is something to say about a business man running the country.

Post Sat, Sep 12 2015, 10:51 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:

I think that is his appeal. He is positioned to take advantage of the pendulum swinging back because large segments of the population are tired of the PC thought police. People do think politically incorrect thoughts and he resonates with them.

I like his message on immigration. I was resigned to illegal immigration and the high cost of providing services for them. It seems to me unsustainable over the long haul and future generations will be paying for this.

I live near a safe haven city and the local tax payers are burdened educating these children and paying for Medicaid. If there is a possibility of getting illegal immigration under control because of his candidacy then I think ity is a good thing.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics