Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
One week old sleeps most of the day, I wake her to eat....

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 8:12 pm
Is this something to be concerned about?

sped

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 8:32 pm
At this age I don't think so, but do you have a pediatrician? This is a good question for him/her.

Fave

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 8:43 pm
Does she have 8 wet diapers daily? Was she born full term?

INSPIREME

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 10:07 pm
Was her bilirubin checked yet?

amazingmommy

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 10:13 pm
Great questions! My baby was yellow and for that reason kept on sleeping, and falling asleep during feedings,
I would definitely ask my pediatrician? Hatzlacha! Everything's overwhelming a week after a baby...

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 8:04 am
I have just the opposite problem, my baby is 3 weeks old and does not know how to sleep!
She is either eating or up and crying for more food! Always seems hungry, even right after a feeding!!
Any help on that??

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 8:57 am
Thanks for all your replies! She definitely makes 8 wet diapers a day and at night wakes every 3 hrs. It could be during the day she would wake after 3 hrs but I always wake her since I want her to gain.....

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 9:24 am
amother wrote:
I have just the opposite problem, my baby is 3 weeks old and does not know how to sleep!
She is either eating or up and crying for more food! Always seems hungry, even right after a feeding!!
Any help on that??

Use a pump and see how much milk you're producing. You might not have enough, and she's always hungry. BTDT. There are herbs like fennel to help increase milk, and dark beer is good for you, too.

gp2.0

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 9:30 am
Yes they sleep a lot the first few weeks. With my first baby, I woke her up to feed her. With my second baby, I let her sleep as long as she needed while I got stuff done and took care of her older sibling and fed her when she woke up. Lol.

busydev

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 9:34 am
I usually follow the on-demand/3 hour rule for the first 2-3 weeks. I feed when they demand it, but will wake up every 3 hours by day if they havent demanded yet. At night I generally follow their demand. BH I never had a problem with a baby gaining weight, otherwise I prob would have been told to wake more often. (and my first two were generally up every 3 hours at night anyway)

unless there would be a weight gain issue, by the time the baby is a month, I go to only on demand feedings. will only wake to nurse before I go to work or have to leave the house for anything else.

and its very normal for them to sleep sleep sleep.

water_bear88

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 9:36 am
amother wrote:
Any help on that??

Growth spurt maybe? Or maybe she just wants to suck for comfort?

losingweight

Post Fri, Sep 11 2015, 9:39 am
Babies do just that. Sleep eat sleep cry. I wake mine every three hours during the day so that she gives me a longer stretch during the night. Don't let her sleep long cuz she'll confuse day and night. This will probably change by one month.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics