Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Android or Apple Products?

twogees

Post Sat, Sep 12 2015, 11:57 pm
I am looking to buy a new phone for on the cheap side and have found on a few places IPhones for under 100 that are used. Has anyone had any problems with them? Only asking cause I never had an IPhone before and need to change my phone.

Amarante

Post Sun, Sep 13 2015, 7:36 am
iPhones are great especially if you have other Apple products.

But $100 is not such a great price for a used iPhone. The newest model was just introduced and you can get a new iPhone 6 for. $100 and an iPhone 5 for free through the wireless companies.

Raisin

Post Sun, Sep 13 2015, 7:50 am
Amarante, if you get an expensive contract you can get a good priced iphone. You are still paying for the phone just over time. I don't know about the us but here it is much cheaper to get a phone plan where they don't give you a phone. (sim only contract)

I bought my daughter a second hand iphone 4s (locked to a carrier) about a year ago for under a $100. It is still working fine. But you have to be lucky - iphones can suddenly develop faults and you might not be covered after a year or two. My husbands iphone 5 started draining the battery very quickly. Bh he was still covered and they gave him a new phone.

In general I think iphones are good quality and certainly better then many android phones, but there are also some really good androids out there. I have an iphone and ipad and I just got an android tablet (google nexus) and I am super impressed with its performance compared to the ipad.

Amarante

Post Sun, Sep 13 2015, 7:59 am
Raisin, in the US, they are just changing over to plans where you buy the phone and then you can pay for it over 2 years and then own it. Or just buy a used phone and get the best plan. Europe has alway had those kinds of plans where you buy the phone outright.

You just have to run the numbers and see what is the best deal over the expected life of the phone. What is the cost of the phone divide by months you will use before replacement and the cost of the wireless plan.

I was just pointing out that the newest iPhone is coming on the market which means there will be a lot of older models available cheap so $100 for a used iPhone might not be a big mitziah lol.

I have an OLD iPhone which is from 2011 and it works fine for my purposes. The battery doesn't keep a charge for as long as I would like but that's okay for my lifestyle since I am not away from a charger all day. I could replace the battery for about $30 if I really needed long life.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Sep 13 2015, 9:23 am
Your OP focuses on apple, unlike the title. Are you considering androids? The range of options are much broader.

twogees

Post Sun, Sep 13 2015, 10:59 am
OP here: I would prefer apple. Also, Does anyone know if I get a phone from at&t if I can use it for t-mobile with out unlocking it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics