Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
She wants me to be in school with her

Post Sun, Sep 13 2015, 4:16 am
My 3.5 year old daughter keeps repeating over and over that she doesn't want to go to school because she wants me to be with her all day.

It's her first time being separated from me.

She has been very clingy since birth. I've tried all of the standard advice on separation anxiety (magic bracelet, extra hugs in her clothing, photos of the family, telling her hashem is with her all day, telling her I'm thinking of her all day, validating feelings, extra special projects I do with her after school, etc)

She has never responded well to any mainstream parenting solutions in the past so I'm not surprised. But some of the awesome imaMothers have had suggestions that actually did help her with other issues, such as making up funny songs about things she was worried about. THAT actually worked.

So.... Advice please!!

What can I say or do when she starts her mantra of "I don't want to go to school cause I want to be with you all day "?

Thanks!

The Happy Wife

Post Sun, Sep 13 2015, 5:12 am
How does your daughter act once she gets to school? Is she generally having a good time after you leave? Is she crying when she says this to you?

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 4:08 am
The Happy Wife wrote:
How does your daughter act once she gets to school? Is she generally having a good time after you leave? Is she crying when she says this to you?

Yes, she starts crying when she says it.

She cries every single time I drop her off at school. 😞

The Morah says she cries for around a half hour and then is usually ok until nap time, when she cries again.

She doesn't want to play with the toys much or other children because she is fixated on the fact that I am not there.

Even at home she screams and cries every time I go to the bathroom...

She has always rejected any self soothing techniques. She never wanted a lovey or blanket and won't do deep breathing or anything to calm herself.

Any ideas?

chani8

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 4:54 am
Does she really have to go to gan?

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 5:32 am
Maybe you can pick her up before nap time.
I think she needs to slowly get use to the idea of going to school

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 7:11 am
Maybe go to work
And say mommy isn't home
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers