Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler Sleeping Habbits

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Sep 15 2015, 2:07 pm
She has started this new habbit of throwing things out of her crib when we put her to bed for the night. It has nothing to do with not being tired as she will do it even when she if falling over from exhaustion.
She will even go so far as to throw out her sheet. She has taken off her shirt/ diaper,etc. and then after each thing she throws out she screams for it.
It turns into a cycle of her throwing it out, me going in, picking it up, and her doing it again.
Do I just do CIO?
Some of the times we ignored her she has ended up soaking wet (after removing diaper), spilled her bottle on herself, etc. so I feel like CIO is the wrong thing at times but how to differenciate when to go in there .

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 15 2015, 9:00 pm
Don't keep giving stuff back, you're playing her game.
If she spills it, then stop giving her a bottle to sleep with. It's not necessary.
I have seen various strategies for diaper removal, such as using zip-up pajamas and putting them on backward so the kid can't get it off.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 6:59 am
My DD does this sometimes, usually I will not go back in to give her the items until she is asleep.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 12:32 pm
3 questions:
- How would you wean a child off going to sleep with a bottle?
- How do you know the difference between a scream of " I need help" vs. I am making trouble?
I felt terrible the times we came in after an hour to see she had vomited on herself or sitting in a wet mess.
-Do you give a limit before you just give in ? I.e. she will keep herself awake for 2 hours!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics