Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning dh's mattress cover from stains - how often?
1  2  Next

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 2:42 pm
when we're together we use a towel underneath us, however I keep finding stains on dh's sheet and mattress cover (we're married several months, please tell me this will go away once he's married for longer...) every time I change his sheets. I'm afraid to ruin it by washing too often but it kind of grosses me out (I know it's natural blah blah) - should I save it for 1 or 2 washes a month? wash it every time? no need to wash? please advise!

asd3

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 2:49 pm
You should get a mattress cover and then you can wash that

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 3:03 pm
You will probably just get used to it. Or maybe you wont... I am also married a few months and the stains don't really bother me....

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 3:08 pm
OP, I am married over a decade. Still have stains on the mattress. Its no big deal. I dont even think about it. If it did I would just use carpet cleaner.

PAMOM

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 5:29 pm
I'm confused. You're worried about ruining the mattress cover by over-washing? Or the mattress ?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 5:38 pm
Mattress protectors are not that expensive to replace. They are there for a reason and if they are getting stained you should wash them Smile

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 6:37 pm
PAMOM wrote:
I'm confused. You're worried about ruining the mattress cover by over-washing? Or the mattress ?

mattress cover - but I guess I can replace that
thanks all just wanted to know what was normal amount of washing to do, it's difficult to keep getting it on and off the mattress...

momX4

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 6:44 pm
They sell mattress covers that are easy to put on and take off. Its a rectangle with elastic bands for the corner. I let it drip dry, so I have an extra one.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 5:59 am
buy an extra or two so you wont be washing it as often. If you're worried about wearing out one sheet faster, get another set that matches and rotate appropriately.
there may be some sort of towel out there with a waterproof backing that would make this easier for you. I'd look at the kind of thing that hospitals and nursing homes put on the beds of people who can't take care of their needs themselves. You'd want washable since disposable is uncomfortable and gets expensive.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 1:39 pm
I so don't get how it's at all romantic to do it on top of a TOWEL, but OK, to each their own.

Yes just wash it, it will be fine.

BTW I heard the act should preferably be done on YOUR bed.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 1:52 pm
The stains on the mattress, mattress cover, pillows are mostly from sweat.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 2:06 pm
amother wrote:
I so don't get how it's at all romantic to do it on top of a TOWEL, but OK, to each their own.

not sure why this comment (the bolded) was necessary. I am sure the OP has a reason why they do it on her husband's bed. I can give you one reason : perhaps the OP, like me, has a husband who is not so interested and never initiates. Personally, we always do it in dh's bed, because if I want anything to happen EVER, I have to climb into his bed and initiate. Unfortunately. And I am sure there could be other reasons. Many times there are things that are preferable, but sometimes a b'dieved is necessary Sad

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 2:17 pm
amother wrote:

Why?

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 2:22 pm
amother wrote:
Why?

"Vayavo ailehah" - "and he came to her"

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 2:26 pm
amother wrote:

How is it romantic to only do it davka in one place?

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 2:38 pm
amother wrote:
How is it romantic to only do it davka in one place?

Not davka on your bed and nowhere else, but davka on your bed as opposed to his.
I'm sure it's not halacha, and we've used DH's bed when that made sense for practical reasons.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 2:39 pm
amother wrote:
Not davka on your bed and nowhere else, but davka on your bed as opposed to his.
I'm sure it's not halacha, and we've used DH's bed when that made sense for practical reasons.

It's definitely not halacha, and I don't think ppl are looking for more limitations in this area Smile.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 3:19 pm
People don't use a towel?!
So the bed just gets all wet?

dimyona

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 3:32 pm
amother wrote:
People don't use a towel?!
So the bed just gets all wet?

This just turned into another towel thread!!! Hooray Hooray

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 6:50 pm
dimyona wrote:
This just turned into another towel thread!!! Hooray Hooray

Lolll

Honestly people... no need to derail, read my first post... during the act we DO use a towel. my concern is his nocturnal emissions back when he is in his OWN bed. hence why I hope that he will get better at controlling himself maybe once being married for longer. and also why I need the mattress cover in the first place - I can't very well cover his entire bed with a towel
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry