Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What's the weather like in NY in Nov.?

amother
Green

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 3:38 pm
...NY in beginning of November? How cold does it get? What sort of clothing would I need to pack?

pesek zman

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 3:40 pm
Early November is when it starts to get chilly. I'd say high 40's. Bring sweaters and jackets. (Not sure where you are coming from so don't have a frame of reference)

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 7:30 pm
Can we continue this thread for other places?
LA for Succos?

I assume lightweight clothing but does one just wear summery colors or is there such as thing as fall colors?

(Anon in case you know we're planning this trip!)

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 2:21 am
amother wrote:
Can we continue this thread for other places?
LA for Succos?

I assume lightweight clothing but does one just wear summery colors or is there such as thing as fall colors?

(Anon in case you know we're planning this trip!)

Pack a mix of summer and fall clothes. And a sweater for sitting in the sukkah. Usually it feels a bit cooler since we are outside but we are having a heat wave. So it's hard to predict when the weather will change. If you are in the valley they get the extremes of what "the city" gets. We often layer here as nights can be cool. But usually not too cold. 60s at the lowest but it can get windy. And the beaches are obviously colder (but sunny!) so pack accordingly if you plan to go there.

Please remember we are in a serious drought so turn off the water when not in use (brushing teeth too!)... Hence the brown lawns and dirty cars.

DrMom

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 2:50 am
For US cities:
http://www.weather.com/maps/av.....ature

Avg monthly temperatures for worldwide cities:
http://www.weatherbase.com/

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 7:32 am
pesek zman wrote:
Early November is when it starts to get chilly. I'd say high 40's. Bring sweaters and jackets. (Not sure where you are coming from so don't have a frame of reference)

I'd say high 40's for day sounds a bit cold. More like 50s by day 40s at night. It can just as easily be 60s some days too. I'd say, bring fall clothes, sweaters, and jackets. Layer and unlayer as needed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics