Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Verizon Wireless vs. Sprint

miami85

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 7:00 pm
I've been a long time Verizon wireless user, but the time may have come for us to switch. The only other plan I'm considering right now (so please don't suggest others) is Sprint. Can anyone advise me pros and cons of Sprint? Is it worth the savings compared to Verizon?

real israeli

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 8:18 pm
It depends on where you spend the bulk of your time. Sprint has amazing pricea and great customer service. Verizon has better cells. In a basement you're probably better off with Verizon. In boro park sprint works great.

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 8:49 pm
I've never heard anyone happy with them, only complaints, but am certainly open to new views.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 9:16 pm
Sprint has awful (!!!) customer service. I would never use them again.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 9:49 pm
real israeli wrote:
It depends on where you spend the bulk of your time. Sprint has amazing pricea and great customer service. Verizon has better cells. In a basement you're probably better off with Verizon. In boro park sprint works great.

Sprint is very popular in Brooklyn, and for good reason. The cellular service is great in this neighborhood, and so is the customer service.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 7:43 am
I have been a Sprint user for many, many years and am in the process of switching to Verizon. The main reason is because Verizon's coverage is better where I now live and where I frequently travel. That should be the main consideration.

tweety1

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 9:51 am
We've been using sprint for yrs. "The grass is more green on the other side". My hub travels a lot and he thought verizon-everybody was talking abt verizon when our contract was up we switched to verizon 2 weeks later we were back at sprint. We did it with t-mobile too recently and we're back at sprint and we're there to stay

miami85

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 3:02 pm
A lot of what you are mentioning are reasons why I have been with Verizon so long. So now the question becomes, if we'd switch to Sprint we'd be saving almost $100 a month--is it worth it? I'm in NY and not in a basement. I don't do a LOT of travelling, but the places I go I know people who are currently on a Sprint network and are at least satisfied.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 3:06 pm
miami85 wrote:
A lot of what you are mentioning are reasons why I have been with Verizon so long. So now the question becomes, if we'd switch to Sprint we'd be saving almost $100 a month--is it worth it? I'm in NY and not in a basement. I don't do a LOT of travelling, but the places I go I know people who are currently on a Sprint network and are at least satisfied.

Yes, based on those factors, it'd be worth it for you. I doubt you'll have any significant issues.

feigeleh

Post Sat, Sep 19 2015, 6:19 pm
Was in your situation, switched to Sprint and two days later back to Verizon (paying fees etc). It was awful bad coverage bad customer service and did not save the amount of money they advertised. Don't do it

happybeingamom

Post Sat, Sep 19 2015, 6:56 pm
Pageplus is Verizon service but cheaper, look into that.

miami85

Post Sat, Sep 19 2015, 7:40 pm
happybeingamom wrote:
Pageplus is Verizon service but cheaper, look into that.

Not an option for us.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries