Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood Girls Schools
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 12:05 pm
Hi I'm going to have to apply for school next year for my daughter in Lakewood. I need as much information as possible on the schools. I know it is impossible to get into school here. Please don't post any Lashon Hara. Thank you!

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 12:09 pm
Instead of asking for info on all the schools, why don't you tell us what kind of school you are looking for, and then we can tell you what schools might be a good fit?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 12:10 pm
Make a list of all possible schools. Circle the ones you consider a choice. Find out what your chances are of getting into these schools, and then apply to a number of them, to give yourself the best chances at acceptance.

To create that list, talk to the young folk. I'm too old to know about all the new schools - I only heard about one, for example, when my cousin got in and sent there.

Keep an open mind. There are newer schools that can be excellent choices, and they may be less impossible to get into.

sky

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 12:11 pm
Good luck.
[I did this 2 years ago didn't get into any of my first choices (that I was sure I had pull into) and got into an amazing school totally off my radar at the last minute. I could not be happier and I see now it is a much better option then all the schools I was trying to get into. For me it was an important lesson in the end.]

There are many wonderful schools. What exactly are you looking for?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 12:14 pm
Starting a list of schools. Feel free to add on.

Bais Faiga
Bnos Yaakov
Bais Rivka Rochel
Bais Rochel
Bnos Bina
Bais Tova
Tiferes Bais Yaakov
Bnos Devorah
Bnos Melech
Tiferes Chaya
Tehillas Chaya Sarah (Bnos Rivka)
Ateres Tzipora
Bnos Esther Malka
Bnos Penina
Shiras Chaim
Ohel Esther
Masores Bais Yaakov

Wow! I'm impressed with myself. Didn't think I'd get that many.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 12:34 pm
Thank you so much everyone! We are looking for a good, frum, warm school with a normal range of academics not extremely academic and not low academics. We are looking for a school that has a very frum parent body but not very yeshivish.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 12:43 pm
From the list Chayalle gave you, these schools sound like they would be a good fit: Bnos Devorah, Ateres Tzipora, Bnos Esther Malka. It could be there are others - I don't know specifics about every school.

Bnos Bina and Tiferes Chaya cater to the more chasidish crowd (Kesser Bais Yaakov too which is not on the list).

Bais Rivka Rochel, Tiferes Bais Yaakov, Bnos Melech, and Shiras Chaim are very yeshivish.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 12:51 pm
Thank you very much for your help! What can you tell me about Bnos Devorah, Bnos Esther Malka, Bais Faiga and Bais Tova? I would really appreciate any information anyone has on any of these schools. Does anyone know anything about Chein Bais Yaakov?

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 12:56 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you very much for your help! What can you tell me about Bnos Devorah, Bnos Esther Malka, Bais Faiga and Bais Tova? I would really appreciate any information anyone has on any of these schools. Does anyone know anything about Chein Bais Yaakov?

I understand Chein Bais Yaakov is an offshoot of Bais Yaakov of 18th Ave.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 1:01 pm
oh ok thank you! do you know anything about the type of school it is and the parent body? etc...

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 1:03 pm
From what I have heard: Bnos Devorah is run by Rabbi and Mrs. Notis. They have 3 classes per grade but very in demand so hard to get in. Their academics are relatively good for a Lakewood school. Parent body is frum but mostly not yeshivish.

Bnos Esther Malka: run by Rabbi Gelman of Masores in Brooklyn. Principal is Mrs. Schorr. Relatively new school, I think they are up to 2nd or 3rd grade. Also less yeshivish parent body.

Bais Faiga: huge. 10 classes per grade. Big mix of yeshivish/not yeshivish. They take girls who already have brothers in the Cheder, or children of alumni first. So even though it's so big, it's still hard to get in. They have separate buildings for younger, middle, and older elementary grades because it's so big.

Bais Tova: run by Rabbi and Mrs. Sanders. Caters to slightly more fancy, Boro Parky crowd. Academics very good.

Chein Bais Yaakov. Run by Rebbitzen Ziemba of BY 18th Avenue in Brooklyn. Prefers to take in children of alumni. They are up to I think also 2nd or 3rd grade, and she is looking for a more yeshivish parent body (75% of fathers still learning).

sky

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 1:04 pm
Nachlas Bais Yaakov just opened this year
Bnos Orchos Chaim

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 1:06 pm
There's also Moreshes Bais Yaakov, run by Rabbi Perlstein (offshoot of Shiras Chaim).
And Masores Bnos Yisroel, Rabbi Kanarek's new school. Also very yeshivish (based on the two families I know who send there).

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 1:13 pm
Lil Israeli that was really helpful thank you! Moreshes Bais Yaakov is very yeshivish too? Sky what do you know about Nachlas Bais Yaakov? Also I heard recently about a school Meoros Bais Yaakov- Rabbi Landau's school. Anyone have any info on that? Tia.

sky

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 1:20 pm
All I know about Nachlas Bais Yaakov is that it was started by Rabbi Robinson and he is a mensh, responsible, and runs great camps. They started with kindergarden and primary I believe. I don't know anything more, I'm sorry.

There is also another school that opened two years ago by a teacher in Bais Faiga, Mrs Dickstein. I don't know too much about it. I think the parent body is good frum families, not yeshivish, but I could be wrong. maybe someone else can help with the name.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 1:24 pm
Meoros Bais Yaakov is the one sky is talking about - principal is Mrs. Dickstein. Also might be a good fit for you.

Moreshes is less yeshivish than Shiras Chaim but they are trying to make it more so.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 1:44 pm
OK great Sky and Lil Israeli ty! that's what I'm looking for good, frum families. If it's a mix of good, frum families and yeshivish I'm totally fine with that as well.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 2:07 pm
I think Meoros Bais Yaakov was opened to service Alumnei of Bais Faiga, because Bais Faiga can't accommodate all of them. That doesn't mean the parent body will be just Bais Faiga Alumnai - they would likely accept anyone that's a good fit. Their approach will likely try to follow Bais Faiga.

Masores Bnos Yisrael is the same idea for Bais Rivka Rochel (which was originally called Bnos Yisrael, way back when.) It services Bais Rivka Rochel alumnai, and is supposed to be similar to BRR.

voira

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 2:30 pm
Can we keep this thread on topic please?
My daughter also is applying soon and this thread is so helpful.

byisrael

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 2:57 pm
I went to Bnos Yaakov , at the time it was good frum families not to yeshivish ( most fathers in my class worked but were solid bnei torah) from14th street area mostly....
Is it still like that?
The academics were pretty good ppl/ used who didn't go there used to say it was high level but I never found them challenging as a student.
this is seven years back that I graduated so it may have changed....
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics