Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood Girls Schools
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 8:18 pm
I am very chassidish. Covered. Don't drive.joined Imamother last pregnancy cz of medical condition and never went off Rolling Eyes

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 8:22 pm
Sounds good! Then, go for it!!!! (@cerise)

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 8:24 pm
Does that mean ill have easier time? Or I'll have a bunch of fun until get accepted?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 8:51 pm
I really have no clue. I don't know your family, your yichus (lol), your husband, his occupation, the way you raise your kids, if you're applying for your first kid or have boys already in school, if you live in Lakewood or moving here for next year, your rabbi, your references etc etc.... in this town, everything matters. (I have a friend who applied there that moved for this year to lakewood and although she raises her kids chassidish, and the real deal, they refused to accept her bec she's a bais yaakov girl! Go figure!!!)[quote]

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 8:56 pm
Guess I'll have to wait and see !

amother
Red

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 11:13 pm
whats the parent body like in bais tova? what type of crowd?

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 12:08 am
So sad what Lakewood has become. Everyone gets typed into a box.

As someone who has a tendency to be an elitist (not a good thing, I'm always working on it), I chose Ateres Tzipora because I believe it is the absolute top school in Lakewood. I understand it's not for everyone. But it's Lakewood's best kept secret Smile

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 12:27 am
Mustard good satire.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 12:29 am
The best part is that I'm completely serious

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 12:48 am
Apparently your opinion what's a good school is different than 99.99999 percent of the rest of Lakewood. It's always good to be different.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 12:53 am
Yes, thank god I can be different than the Lakewood herd and think for myself. Oh there goes my eliticism again... Confused

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 7:03 am
amother wrote:
Mustard good satire.

Huh?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 8:27 am
amother wrote:
whats the parent body like in bais tova? what type of crowd?

Heimish/balabatish, yeshivish/balabatish.

Does that make sense?

groisamomma

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 8:32 am
amother wrote:
To answer poster about chassidish schools, it is very hard to get into bnos bina. Like ppl that send there are not on Imamother!) Do you drive? All the ppl that go with hats on wigs send there.

Bnos Bina mothers drive, not all mothers that cover their shaitels send there (there are quite a few in Bais Rochel and Tiferes Chaya), and plenty of Bnos Bina mothers are on Imamother. Please check your facts before posting.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 8:42 am
amother wrote:
Apparently your opinion what's a good school is different than 99.99999 percent of the rest of Lakewood. It's always good to be different.

I taught in Bnos Rivka (Ateres Tzippora kids before the break-off happened). While the school does not focus on academics as strongly as other schools I must say the administration is very warm and the parent body is fantastic. One of very few schools whose priorities are not skewed and they do not box you into a certain "type." The administration does not "control" the parents outside of school (I.e. bas mitzva parties are allowed). Not elite in the least bit although there are some (not all) very rich parents. From teaching there, the impression I got was that many parents are children of rabbis and roshei yeshiva or prominent philanthropists for whom the yeshivish way of life was too restrictive. They are more chilled and have found a safe haven in this school (and in Bnos Rivka--now called Bnos Chaya Sara?).

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 8:59 am
As someone who has lived here too long for her own good, one of the saddest things that's ruining Lakewood, aside from the traffic, is that it's turned into a place of extreme judgmentalism and materialism. Both things that are 100% contrary to Judaism. I'm not typing everyone into this category as I know many fine people who are not like this, but this is what the schools teach. To deny it is sticking your head in the sand.

What makes AT and likewise YTT such great schools is they are run by real people. Not corrupt money and power hungry administrators. The students come out knowing what it means to be a good frum Jew. Oh and also just happen to have the lowest rate of kids at risk. Sounds like top schools to me. Whatever on earth "top" means.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 9:02 am
amother wrote:

Oh and also just happen to have the lowest rate of kids at risk. Sounds like top schools to me. Whatever on earth "top" means.

What do you base this on?

As someone who, painfully, has two relatives who are completely OTD and went there. Not blaming the school, just saying what is.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 10:51 am
I also send to ateres tzipora and couldn't have made a better decision. the principals and teachers are all so warm and give personal attention to each girl. they are very into finding the good in a kid and not looking at the bad. my girls love going to school

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 10:53 am
amother wrote:
What do you base this on?

As someone who, painfully, has two relatives who are completely OTD and went there. Not blaming the school, just saying what is.

I got this information from people who work with kids at risk. No school is completely immune.

I'm so sorry for your pain.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 6:44 pm
for the person that says bnos devorah like bnos yakov in curriculum- no shychus!! ( I send there and have few daughters in school ..)
Page 6 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics