Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Need minivan driven from Far Rockaway or BRKLYN to Lakewood

busydev

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 12:33 am
I have a minivan that I need to be driven to me.

Right now it is located in Far Rockaway, NY.

I have someone who can drive it from Lakewood, but I need it to get to Lakewood between Monday after 10:30am and Thursday earlier morning. The van can be used for errands etc if needed. If anyone has any leads please pm me.

Alternatively, if anyone knows someone who would be interested in driving the van to Chicago by the end of Succos OR to Detroit for first days and can get it from Far Rockaway, please pm me.

Thanks!

Last edited by busydev on Sun, Sep 20 2015, 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

busydev

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 4:12 pm
BUMP!

singleagain

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 6:07 pm
normally, this is something I would love to do, however, the timing is just too tight. but there are a few questions which might help you find ppl

if the person is not in FR, how do they get there/who pays? if they are in FR how do they get home/who pays?

and same for the longer drive out of state, how do they get back, and who's paying, and what if they need an overnight, it's at least a 10 hour drive, so how does a motel tab get picked up?

plus is this a mitzvah asking, bc a trip home is a great cost, but is there also something for the drive, not to mention stuff like gas, etc.

busydev

Post Sat, Sep 19 2015, 10:32 pm
well the person we found from lakewood was planning to rent a car and drive to our city for YT and then fly home, so no ones paying, they are saving money on renting a car and covering gas and tolls that they would have paid either way.

and id be hoping for finding similar if I couldnt get it to Lakewood (bochrim heading that direction that would otherwise fly, but cheaper to split gas with 3 guys etc)

Here I was hoping to find someone who needed or could use a one way trip to lakewood- say a bochur going home after YK or someone who usually carpools or goes by bus that wouldnt mind having their own wheels one way one day. we could pay the tolls and a some more if needed (should be enough gas in the car)

BUT We may have found someone who can do it, but until its confirmed/done I am still open to other leads.

TIA

busydev

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 8:38 pm
The ride to Lakewood fell thru.

So...
Looking for someone going to Lakewood from Far Rockaway (or NY) anytime between Monday at 10:30am (when the license plates are guaranteed to arrive in FR) and Thursday morning. Will pay for gas and tolls. Willing to pay additionally if needed.

any interest or leads please lmk. TIA!

busydev

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 11:34 pm
I have a way to get the van to Brooklyn on Tuesday morning as well.

If anyone knows of someone going to Lakewood before OR after Yom Kipper (as in Motzei or early Thursday morning) from either Brooklyn or Lakewood PLEASE let me know.

maybe you know bochrim from Lakewood learning in NY who want to go back after the zman ends?

we will cover gas and tolls plus we will pay something as well.

TIA!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics