Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Baby in eyeglasses

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 11:44 am
hi. does anyone have an under two year old in eyeglasses and how do you get them to keep them on? we do not have the time or money to go fix them every other week , this is so frustrating. tia

happyfaces

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 11:56 am
I know someone that does. She did a plastic fram made a hole on each handel then tied a ribbon to the back. Holds perfectly in place.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 11:57 am
Check out miraflexglasses.net. Best investment ever! See if the place you buy glasses from can order them for you, if they don't already carry them.

cuties' mom

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 12:30 pm
Ds started wearing glasses right after his third birthday, however, because of his autism, he is like a much younger child developmentally. He is currently on his tenth pair of glasses in four years. Miraflex lasted us the shortest amount of time since the material is very chewy and ds kept it in his mouth instead of on his face. The best so far was free glasses from the insurance company with a band that holds them on. We did go through a few bands, prices varying, but the best one has rubber tips that cover the tips of the glasses. The band itself is elastic.
I tried posting a picture but it didn't work.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 12:49 pm
My baby also has the miradlex and we see very happy with them. He also chewed on them, but I guess he has less teeth so nothing happened. The band on them is not tight, so he doesn't feel them so mmuch.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 2:47 pm
My son starting wearing glasses at 1 1/2, he's 3 now. He has the miraflex also, we're very happy with them. Last summer my son threw them out of the car in a parking lot before the car door closed and they got run over by a car. When I went to pick them up, the glasses were not broken, just scratched. We only had to replace one lens.

The first day we got them, we tried to make the glasses really exciting. It also helped that dh wears glasses so my son was used to seeing people wear them. Every time he took the glasses off, we put it back on. My son didn't fight wearing them because he has a pretty high prescription and he realized he can see better in them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics