Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Have you ever been in a car accident?
1  2  Next

No  
 20%  [ 28 ]
Yes - I was a driver  
 29%  [ 41 ]
Yes - I was a passenger  
 23%  [ 32 ]
Yes - cars made contact but nothing happened  
 16%  [ 23 ]
Other  
 9%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 137

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 1:17 am

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 1:29 am
Yes, I was the pedestrian that was hit by the car. Looong time ago. Over 20 years ago.

rdmom

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 1:29 am
Voted no. Had to add Baruch HaShem

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 1:31 am
I was a passenger in multiple minor fender benders and once I was a driver in one. Thank G-d nothing ever happened.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 1:42 am
Quote:
Yes, I was the pedestrian that was hit by the car. Looong time ago. Over 20 years ago.

Same here. About 15 years ago.

cfriedman2

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 1:50 am
Yes. I totaled two cars in 6 months. 1st accident was about 2 years ago. Both times I was the driver and not at fault and bh no one else was in my car with me. The first time I was ok the 2nd time I was pretty traumatized as I saw the car coming and hitting me in my mirror. I ended up having a breakdown on the side of the road and went to the hospital (it was a really bad week). I also had ptsd for awhile afterwards and still get nervous when I see cars getting to close to me. I went to pt for back pain for a few months as well.

imachossid

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 2:18 am
I voted other because I was in a car accident this past year, however I wasn't in a car, I was a pedestrian. I was crossing a street & a mini truck turned the corner & knocked me down. Bh I only had minor injuries, but I was very traumatized. Every time I cross that street I look very well both ways to make sure no cars are coming.

grace413

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 3:20 am
I hit a pedestrian a little over 3 years ago. She broke her leg and I'm grateful that it wasn't anything worse. I felt terrible, I just didn't see her.

I had my license suspended for 2 weeks, payed an 800 shekel fine and if I would have committed a similar offense within 2 years they would have suspended my license for 3 months.

It still gets me upset to think about it. I do try to be more careful.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 4:40 am
All three "yes" options. Also several hits while my car was parked and I was not in it.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 4:49 am
When I was a kid, I was a passenger in a long car ride and fell asleep. Problem was, the driver fell asleep too. I felt a bump and woke up- that was us going off the road- and I opened my eyes and saw a road sign that seemed awfully close. Before we had time to really register wjat was happening, the windshield was in our laps. Driver woke and skidded to a stop. BH, this was a small road and we weren't going so fast and the windshield was the only casualty. To this day, I cannot sleep during a car ride.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 4:53 am
My sister was hit by a drunk driver. She passed away.

Baruch Hashem for all the posters who were hit and are okay.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 5:48 am
I forgot another accident we were in. About two summers ago we were hit by a rather large army truck. My poor daughter was about 5 then and was terrified to get into the car for a long time after that.
The truck came right up to the side of the car and kept on going. Thank gd none of us in the car were hurt physically, but our car had to be majorly fixed. And I dont even want to think of the poor young soldier who probably was punished somehow by his superior in the army.

water_bear88

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 7:27 am
I was on an Egged bus once when it had a fender-bender with a car or taxi (this was several years ago, I don't remember the details except that it was at fairly low speeds).

B"H, to the best of my knowledge no one was hurt.

fbc

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 7:45 am
I've been in a few fender benders as a passenger. Once was with a friend in another state, her mom was driving. It was actually a pretty loud bang, but we were all fine BH. Then this year with my father driving, we felt this bump from behind, I didn't even realize what it was at first, I thought wed gone over some pothole, but the guy behind us, we found out later, had a diabetic seizure while driving, so thank GD no one was hurt, it could have been much worse! Was in a couple more here and there, but one I'll always remember. I had just gotten my permit and was with my mom in the car, possibly my siblings too, and I was waiting to make a left turn. There were cars waiting behind me but I couldn't go because of the oncoming traffic ( this was by a stop sign, not light) well I was finally able to go, but the driver behind me became impatient, so went around me on my LEFT side, as I was turning left! He sped away, but I was so shocked to see a car coming right at me that I somehow ended up on the sidewalk trying to avoid him actually hitting me. I laugh now at the craziness, but I was so nervous then. Every time it takes me a little time to turn, I look through the mirror to make sure no impatient drivers are trying to go around me on the side that I'm trying to turn towards!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 10:56 am
I was driving when I still had my permit, wether conditions were terrible, fog, rain, my car skidded at a turn o nth highway. I paniked and forgot to brake. the driver/passenger who was with me grabbed the wheel and turned it into the barrier of the hiway so as noone should crash into us. car ruined but bh we were both fine.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 11:54 am
Only once, and I was the passenger, back in 1988. The driver and the other car were fine, but not me.

The impact and the seat belt triggered a miscarriage, I was 12 weeks along. I was looking out the side window for street numbers, and because my neck was craned at an odd angle, the impact totally ruined my back and made my scoliosis much worse, aside from soft tissue injury. I spent many years at a chiropractor after that. Looking back, that was also the beginning of my fibromyalgia, which I still have.

Gerbera

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 12:09 pm
Turquoise amother- how devastating. I am so sorry for your loss. What a tragedy.

I've been in two serious car accidents as a passenger. One the driver of the car o was in hit a girl from our school. She was sent flying. Was on life support for a week but passed away.

Second the driver fell asleep at the wheel. Car flipped and rolled three times. I still have no idea how I got out of the car. I had a concussion, broken ribs, required many stitches and looked like a creature from a horror movie for a long time.

BH I'm fine physically. Emotionally/mentally scarred.

I'm a terrible passenger now. I'm just terrified.

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 12:16 pm
Voted other because I've been both passenger and driver.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 12:22 pm
Twice! The first time I was a teenager and my mother was driving. I don't remember what happened, but I was told that a car hit the left side of our car.
My mother broke her leg. It's not funny, I broke my arm. I had a big heavy cast for 6 weeks and two months of PT. Bh nothing worse happened.

The second time I crashed in to the car in the front on the BQE. I was really traumatized. It was on the way to a wedding, and 4 other girls joined the trip . BH no one was injured. However, I am ashamed of what happened when the cops arrived. My license was suspended, and I was arrested in front of everyone. I spent the night in jail. The next day I was bailed out. I wasn't aware of the suspension. It was the most terrible situation ever. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone. Sad

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 1:05 pm
Yes. I was 7 years old and together with my 2 yr old sibling. It was at night and I was sleeping when my father hit a deer head on. I woke up to a bang and a terrible smell (I think they said it was from the air bags being deployed). B"h no injuries but the 3 of us were taken to the hospital. I'll never forget the image of my father tied to the stretcher (nothing happened to him either b"h).

Another time I was in the front passenger seat when dh hit the bumper of the car in front of him. The cars were going slow and lots of traffic but the small bang still shook me up. I remember thinking if this is what a small crash feels like I can't even imagine how scary a big crash feels like.

I'm learning to drive now and terrified of crashes. I see every car as a potential collision. I hope to be able to overcome my fear. Maybe I shouldn't read this thread... Confused
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics