Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Long lasting lipstick
1  2  Next

flowerpower

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 1:25 pm
Which lipstick do you use that lasts a whole shabbos and yom tov? I have yet to find one that works. Anyone????

nicole81

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 1:29 pm
people have success with the loreal infalliable and revlon colorstay 2-sided lipsticks. they don't work for me though. I've also heard good things about careline, but haven't tried it.

zaq

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 1:44 pm
There is no lipstick that will last through a two-day YT unless you sleep on your back and use your mouth only to drink through a straw. But if you want to talk to people(or to G-d), kiss your hubby or baby or eat like a normal person instead of a monument to vanity, forget it. My advice: stock up on red popsicles.

gande

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 1:50 pm
Revlon two sided one. Put two layers.

blushy

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 2:07 pm
Maybelline 24 hour lipstain in reliable raspberry. Lasts about two days, with minimal flaking. I eat like a normal person. Other colors I've tried haven't lasted as long.

L K

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 2:21 pm
Lancome "Le lipstique" lipliner to countour and fill in the lips completely + MAC ProLongwear Lipcreme on top (that's a lipstick, not the double-sided lipcolor).

You can even eat chicken soup with that on )

flowerpower

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 5:04 pm
I tried the Careline. It didn't work. I tried so many already!

L K

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 5:21 pm
I tried double sided revlon and Mac, both stick fed to the lips and then peel off with the skin like crazy.

Levtov

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 6:56 pm
Careline does NOT last long at all... don't waste your money on it!!!

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 8:11 pm
MAC has a long wearing lipstick that stays on all shabbos and most of a 2 day yom tov, though not quite as fresh looking by day 2.

blossoming

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 10:51 pm
zaq wrote:
There is no lipstick that will last through a two-day YT unless you sleep on your back and use your mouth only to drink through a straw. But if you want to talk to people(or to G-d), kiss your hubby or baby or eat like a normal person instead of a monument to vanity, forget it. My advice: stock up on red popsicles.

Love this post! I also just recently came to this conclusion. I already have a pack of pink lolipops for the upcoming yomtov (I mean sukkos, not yom kippur...)

elaela

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 5:46 am
http://www.boots.com/en/Max-Fa.....5807/

I tried it and its the first one that works for me. it stays on really well. if it has to stay on its still on the second day yomtov - true magic Wink

a friend recommended oit to me and I didnt believe it wopuld work.-..well I was very positively surprised and I use it ever since

ahuva06

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 6:01 am
ariela wrote:
http://www.boots.com/en/Max-Factor-Lipfinity_5807/

I tried it and its the first one that works for me. it stays on really well. if it has to stay on its still on the second day yomtov - true magic Wink

a friend recommended oit to me and I didnt believe it wopuld work.-..well I was very positively surprised and I use it ever since

I was about to say max factor works like a dream!! I always get "OMG HOW IS YOUR LIPSTICK STILL ON??" with this one. Best stuff in the world!

You can also get it on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Max-Fact.....VIDDK

user2

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 8:18 am
revlon- lighter colors peel faster. (especially keep blushing) I find it lasts longer (darker colors) without the gloss
careline - a few layers. I like that your lips dont feel sticky (though the drier the lipstick the longer it lasts. its either comfort or beauty!)

myself

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 8:22 am
becca wrote:
I was about to say max factor works like a dream!! I always get "OMG HOW IS YOUR LIPSTICK STILL ON??" with this one. Best stuff in the world!

You can also get it on amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Max-Fact.....VIDDK

I find it very drying, it makes my lips peel. Maybelline 24hr lasts just as long without the dryness IME.

Mal 1

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 10:55 am
Another vote for maxfactor lipfinity!

Chew21

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 9:36 pm
What's a pretty max factor shade? I'm looking for something more pinky red.

Hatemywig

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 9:44 pm
Revlon. Sometimes it even lasts a 3 day yomtov.

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 10:38 pm
PROVOCALIPS BY RIMMEL

Its available at most CVS and they generally have a special buy 1 get the 2nd 1/2 off.

This stuff stays on in the pool, at the beach over Shabbos- in fact I struggle to TAKE IT OFF.

I am totally addicted which scares me a wee bit because I'm sure it is NOT good for us..All those chemicals- I don't even want to think about it.

I was in a restaurant and a woman came over to ask what lipstick I was wearing because she noticed it didn't come off at all- not on the drinking glass, napkin etc.

Craaaaaaazy stuff!!

tryingmybest

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 11:51 pm
I've tried a bunch and haven't been happy with any of them.
Used to like Revlon because it stayed but it would crack and dry and wasn't even worth it. Rimmel if by far the best.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics