Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Son cries when I take him from babysitter :(
Previous  1  2

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 8:40 pm
Many adopted pple say they "felt" something was weird.

And there's a difference between a child who never had his true mother, and one who is left (even most of the time) with a sitter but was taken care of by his mother in the beginning and still is at night and early morning.

A child is not stupid, and a baby functions a lot on his instincts.

Comparing giving a child to adoption and working is really mean, if I worked I would really be mad.

Motek

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 9:03 pm
Ruchel wrote:
A child is not stupid, and a baby functions a lot on his instincts.

Comparing giving a child to adoption and working is really mean, if I worked I would really be mad.

Nobody claimed a child is stupid. Posters are saying their children cry for their babysitter. That is natural, since the babysitter cares for them. Nothing to do with meanness. The OP started this thread because she is BOTHERED by her child's attachment to the babysitter.

I don't think "whatever" is mean when she writes:

Quote:
if I dont like it I can stop sending him and stay home with him all day.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 11:18 pm
Look at it this way- if it was your mother who took your kid for the day and he didn't want to come home, would you feel bad?

My mother sometimes takes my son for the day. Other times she comes to visit. Other times we all get together in the park.

Whenever she calls, DS gets so excited that she wants to come- YAY!
At one point he hated our house. I don't know why.
When my mother took him at that stage, he'd cry and scream when she brought him back.
I didn't feel bad. I know they love each other.

The truth is, if the babysitter makes a super-fun day for them, they'll love to go. I bet she also lets them do things you wouldn't. Or gives out nosh you wouldn't.

Tell the truth- you make your child clean up toys, eat foods he doesn't necc. want, go to sleep, etc. You do it because you care. I think the babysitter just wants him to be happy and not cry. But you also teach good habits that will make him happy in the long run.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 11:35 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
don't let anybody make you feel bad

She feels bad on her own, for good reason.

Well, then some encouragement is in order...

amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Kids know very well who their mommy is.

Says who? Can you prove that an infant knows who is who? How?

My baby (14 months old) stays with a wonderful babysitter in my home every day from 730 until 6. When you ask him "where is mommy?" he always points at me. He is more than happy to go to her in the morning but when I get home he runs (or crawls really fast to the door) to me. Is that good enough for you?

And don't give someone a guilt trip about leaving their baby until you know their situation and WHY they might need to work. Exploding anger
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics