Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I'm Panicking! Advice Please:-)

musicmom

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 1:32 pm
Hey Everyone,

I have had a TON of horrible sheitel experiences and have chosen where I wanted to go next. The lady is quite lovely and does not pressure me at all. I have taken up quite a bit of her time and felt like I needed to make a decision. She said to just choose the hair I liked best but how they felt was a huge factor for me also. She said everything could be made to fit, but I get wary of those claims. Anyhow, looking over the pictures, they all looked like me in different ways, and I am just flat out panicking. FYI, I put down a deposit but did not walk out with the sheitel yet, so I guess I could probably change my mind, although I am not sure I want to do that... Is it normal to feel horrible after a good experience after a bunch of bad ones? I am so embarrassed!

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 9:02 pm
For me it is. Evertime I buy a new sheital, I panic.

I buy one at a time. It lasts a few years and then I buy another.

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 9:03 pm
Forgot the advice part. Bring a friend you trust so you don't feel like you are being pressured. Make sure it's really comfortable. Good luck.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 10:03 pm
Maybe she can do what my shaitel macher did for me, after my bad experiences with other wig sellers. I tried on a few, and she let me take one home to try on for a few days, see if it fit well, how the hair looked, etc.

sky

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 10:33 pm
Are you having it made from scratch? Is there something you can try on and look at before buying?
Can you take it to a different sheitel machur you use for an opinion?

What is the warranty? is there 6 months that if knots, split ends, frizzes, etc. She will work with you. What if someone else washes and sets? does it void the warranty. Ask lots of questions and get opinions and then Just Do It.

Hatzlacha.

musicmom

Post Tue, Sep 22 2015, 3:32 pm
There was one I really liked the fit, color and style of and I smiled a lot. Several others looked more like my hair but the did feel as comfortable or fit as well, but the lady said that all could be changed. I was quite grumpy while trying those on. However, in retrospect while looking at some pictures, I looked more like my previous self and everyone said I looked better in those sheitels, than the one I initially preferred.

I am at such a loss and the sheitel macher is really nice and doesn't pressure me, but I don't think I can try it on at home. I am not sure who to bring? My mom? Sister? They don't wear sheitels. Is it more important to bring someone who recognizes what makes you happy or looks like you or to see what is fixable in terms of fit and what is a lost cause.?

Because of my previous experiences I get really scared when someone says they will alter it to make it fit better. Nothing ever feels comfortable after that point, so far, for me.

I wonder if I should just be very specific and order one to be made for me like my pictures or to get the one I initially liked...

Thank you for all your imput!!!

rachel6543

Post Tue, Sep 22 2015, 6:59 pm
Alterations can definitely help. I'm not Sheitel expert. but I found putting smaller clips helps. Also, I have the hair right by the front of ear cut out of the wig. That makes such a a difference and so much more comfortable for me.

studying_torah

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 9:20 pm
Go first with comfort and fit, then w hair quality. Sometimes the hair does not look as good after its worn a while, or washed. It can knot, frizz, turn to straw, etc if its not good hair.
Coloring or looking like your own hair is easier to change, imo. Hair can be dyed, cut, added or removed, but a good fit that is comfortable is key.

musicmom

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 1:10 pm
Thanks! Rachel. does your hairline show by your ear? At what point do you feel comfortable looking different than your high school pictures? Or do you ever look the same with a sheitel?

Beyla

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 2:52 pm
If you like it and feel good in it, Great! No need to look like your old pictures. My sheitels are in different (and better) styles than my old hair!

studying_torah

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 3:01 pm
Mine too 😊

musicmom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 1:39 pm
Wow! I don't have any hair ( to compare the sheitel to) as I have shaved it for almost a year. I am trying to remember if it was as curly as it used to be before I got married and began covering it. What happens? Hormones when you have kids? Covering it? If it has changed, it is always the same in my pictures pre-marriage. So strange!

Smile1234

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 5:02 pm
musicmom wrote:
Thanks! Rachel. does your hairline show by your ear?

I know someone who did this and now the shaitel is not wearable because her hair shows there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels