Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Cleaning worktops on Shabbos/Yom Tov

ilovesem

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 5:26 pm
Just wondering what you are permitted to do halachically. I know there is a problem with squeezing but what is a permissible way to clean the worktops?

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 6:03 pm
Sprinkle or spill a little water on the surface and wipe up with an absorbent towel big enough to soak up the spill in its entirety so you don't squeeze any out as you pass the cloth over the surface. Or you could get a small short-handled squeegee and squeegee the water into a basin as if you were doing an Israeli-style sponja.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 7:22 pm
I sprinkly or pour water over the area and put a plastic glove on my hand and rub the water into the counter to clean. and then push it to the sink (sometimes I'll use a plastic bag instead of the glove).
If your sinks are mounted under the counter like with granite then it is much easier, a squeege also helps. My sink is mounted over the counter so not all the water and dirt makes it in, but it helps. I sometimes also sweep the water and dirt off the counter onto a plate, but many times getting it to the sink is good enough.
It does dry splotchy,.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen