Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Vomitting & camp

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 4:58 pm
so last year before camp my dd was sick all night before we left ...
this time after begging me to go ... she Puke vomitted several times on the way up to camp ... I had to stop the car a few times ... if she is that nervous and uneasy why did she want to go back - okay it was hot too ... but nerves mostly ... is that weird or what ...

cindy324

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 11:00 am
I don't think it's so weird. I usually get gastrointestinal symptoms (sorry TMI)when I'm nervous or anxious aboout something , and we're talking the whole nine yards . I've been known to vomit once or twice just from nerves... It's always a bit nervewrecking to have to meet new kids, will they be nice, will she make friends, etc.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 11:06 am
I really didn't want to send her this year ... cause last year she was miserable ... and my other kids hated camp (and still sent nice letters) ... so ... she begged and I sent her ... this year she kept in touch with a couple of girls plus a couple from cleveland went ...and my cousin is a lifeguard ... so ... didn't hear from her yet ... was too busy travelling back and forth ... gotta write her and hopefully get a letter soon ... I said only happy letters please ...

cindy324

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 3:43 pm
EH...she'll be fine, another year, more mature, relax, don't think about it, at least until the first letter comes LOL

CAYA

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 3:46 pm
I didn't love camp either but went back every year, was there from age 9-18, I knew I'm not gonna have what to do in the city so got no choice

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 5:41 pm
will be anxiously waiting for that 1st letter ...

CAYA

Post Mon, Jul 09 2007, 11:05 am
let me know when that comes...................

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 09 2007, 11:34 pm
well first letter was sent to my mother ... she called me today and read it ... 2nd letter I got on thursday and third letter got after shabbos ... spoke to her on the phone on visiting day which was yesterday ... and wow - she is actually having a blast it seems ... so ... I guess kids change ... I wrote her but must write some more letters ...

cindy324

Post Tue, Jul 10 2007, 11:51 am
Good for her! And you, too LOL Now you can relax.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children