Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Husband Arrested
1  2  3  Next

amother
White

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 9:48 pm
I got a hysterical call from DH. He was stopped for holding his phone while driving. The police told him that the car is uninsured. He didn't have much time to talk to me. He said the cop was nice enough to let him call me before he is being restrained. She told him that he will be there for the night. Please have him in mind. Can any one tell me what happens next. What is happening to my DH right now. Can I do something to get him home for the night?
Thanks!!!

cnc

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 9:49 pm
Location?

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 9:51 pm
Yes
Get off imamother and speak to an attorney

amother
Red

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 9:51 pm
Call yanky Meyer from misaskim

cnc

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 9:53 pm
amother wrote:
Call yanky Meyer from misaskim

This was going to be my suggestion, assuming that you were based in NY.

Natural mom 5 not sure if she'll be able to reach an attorney at 1AM

amother
Red

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 9:53 pm
Call shomrim ask them if they know someone who could help him out.

amother
White

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 9:55 pm
Are attorney's available now?

sneakermom

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 9:57 pm
You need a community liaison to try getting him out still tonight.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 10:03 pm
If you are a member of prepaid legal
There is a 24 hour hotline

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 10:07 pm
amother wrote:
I got a hysterical call from DH. He was stopped for holding his phone while driving. The police told him that the car is uninsured. He didn't have much time to talk to me. He said the cop was nice enough to let him call me before he is being restrained. She told him that he will be there for the night. Please have him in mind. Can any one tell me what happens next. What is happening to my DH right now. Can I do something to get him home for the night?
Thanks!!!

You can find out where he is being held and try to go down there. Not always can you get much done at night.
First thing I would do is call a lawyer.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 10:11 pm
Depending on your location you can get a community liaison (as someone else's mentioned) to help get a judge in there tonight who will release him on bail. Also, he's probably being held at the police station in a holding cell and not what you think of as a "prison"

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 10:11 pm
Where are you located?
If by chance you're in N.Y., Tzvi Gluck may be someone who can help. (Rabbi Edgar Gluck's son).
Yanky Meyer would be a good first contact.
Good luck.

Frumdoc

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 10:53 pm
Is the car uninsured?

If so, maybe it would help if you went online now and got some insurance cover starting now so they can see your dh has acted on his error immediately.

amother
White

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:01 pm
In-laws are the ones paying for the insurance. My MIL went to the station. She was unsuccessful to release him for the night. She was able to se him handcuffed and shackled for transport. I am not sure were they ard taking him.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Sep 23 2015, 11:10 pm
Driving an uninsured car gets a person arrested? I've been driving for years and I never knew that. You go online and buy a policy then, instead of waiting for your in-laws to do it. Good luck and I hope your husband is released quickly!

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 1:40 am
groisamomma wrote:
Driving an uninsured car gets a person arrested? I've been driving for years and I never knew that.
OP - Where are you? city? Country? No one can advise or help you without that info

Raisin

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 1:46 am
groisamomma wrote:
Driving an uninsured car gets a person arrested? I've been driving for years and I never knew that. You go online and buy a policy then, instead of waiting for your in-laws to do it. Good luck and I hope your husband is released quickly!

if you are in an accident and damage another car, (or chv person) who is going to pay for the damages? Third party insurance is extremely important, and I'm pretty sure its illegal in most places to drive without it. I would never lend out my car unless the person is insured.

hatzlacha OP.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 5:03 am
groisamomma wrote:

I never heard of it either. We don't know where OP is located or if this is the whole story. In NJ with property damage, refusing a breathalyzer, no insurance and being an out of state driver someone I know got arrested and DH went there to pick him up and drive him home. He got a desk appearance.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 6:16 am
amother wrote:
I never heard of it either. We don't know where OP is located or if this is the whole story. In NJ with property damage, refusing a breathalyzer, no insurance and being an out of state driver someone I know got arrested and DH went there to pick him up and drive him home. He got a desk appearance.

I'm in NY and my friend was arrested around 10pm for driving with a suspended license and no insurance (well, expired but legally it's the same issue). I was able to pick him up myself and post his bail around 1am.

Last edited by Scrabble123 on Sat, Sep 26 2015, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 11:28 am
OP how is your husband? Did you get him out?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed