Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO FAMILY Chol hamoed trip

mommy100

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 2:12 pm
I am looking to do a day trip with my family ages 2-16 on Chol hamoed. Don't mind traveling if its a good place . any ideas please?

sky

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 5:08 pm
What is your starting point?

tweety1

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 5:40 pm
Diggerlands in nj

mommy100

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 8:15 pm
starting in Brooklyn. Diggerland is not really good for the girls and little kids under 36'

sky

Post Fri, Sep 25 2015, 1:32 pm
girls can love diggerland (I loved diggerland).
Its true for the younger kids its not as much fun, but they can sit on your laps and do most of the activities. It think if at least the older kids are happy then it is fine. Its very hard to find something to make EVERYONE happy.
Are your older kids girls?
I went a year ago with kids ages 2 - 8. they had a blast.

Hershey Park? Six Flags?

artz

Post Fri, Sep 25 2015, 1:39 pm
what about a nice park with boating and a hiking trail

blueberrypie

Post Fri, Sep 25 2015, 2:24 pm
Would older teenage boys like Diggerland? Is it even open on Chol Hamoed?

sky

Post Fri, Sep 25 2015, 3:38 pm
Diggerland may be rented out for an organization or something (I'm just guessing, in the past they are often open for Jewish holidays) ETA - looks like they are open with their water park: http://saharasams.com/groups/succos/

I think teenagers would like it, but I don't have any so I can't be sure. DH and I had a blast with my kids figuring out how some of the big diggers worked. They also have a great ropes course and rock wall climbing.

asmileaday

Post Sat, Sep 26 2015, 9:17 pm
Anyone has any experience buying tickets for diggerland through the group that's selling it for chol hamoed? I see it's both parks (sahara sam and diggerland) for the price of one. Can you even cover both parks in one day? Is it crazy jammed and not worth the trip?
I never heard of diggerland before, it seems intriguing, I think my kids would love it! But I have zero patience for overcrowded places and ridiculously long lines. So if anyone has gone in the past on chol hamoed can you share your experience?

blueberrypie

Post Sat, Sep 26 2015, 10:40 pm
Has anyone gone to Diggerland with older teenage boys?

Ashrei

Post Sat, Sep 26 2015, 11:12 pm
I have kids baby - 7 and was thinking of going to governor's island (tho never have been), but see they are closed... does anyone else have a laid back idea? I have a strong aversion to crowds and lines. was thinking then old westbury gardens for one day... any other ideas?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries