Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Save boys pajamas for daughter?
Previous  1  2

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 3:24 pm
Oh yes. I love Vintage clothes. My wedding gown was that.

Just, keep to the same gender.

MrsDash

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 4:32 pm
Careful, a girl wearing boys pajamas might turn her lesbian.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 5:13 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Meh. The idea doesn't attract me. I mean, YOU wouldn't wear cruddy old used DUDE'S clothing. It's hard enough when it's girl's used clothing. Hand me downs already have one strike, this is two.

I say hurting her little heart isn't worth a few bucks. I vote no. In fact I am a little disgusted. Sorry. I get that money doesn't grow on trees and I am often Miss Frugal but not this time.

Gemach them. Then come home with something from the gemach that is for a girl.

She will already be a Miss Loner in The Country Of The Boys and Who Are You and How Did You Get In Here.
Nobody said they were cruddy. I remember my younger sister wearing my brother's pjs. I have one better. When my daughter was born, my mother found those same pjs. They were in fine condition, so my daughter wore her uncle's pjs. She got such joy out of that. They were green footsie pjs with airplanes. And she loved them.
And as for us women wearing as you put it old used dude's clothing, heck yes I do. I wear my husband's old tshirts to bed. Even old pj bottoms. As someone else wrote, who cares, its just pjs. My sister wore that same brother's sweat pants when she was in her teens. She loved them. Its not as big a deal as you are making it to be dolly.
And why disgusted? Thats a bit over the top.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 5:14 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Oh yes. I love Vintage clothes. My wedding gown was that.

Just, keep to the same gender.
dolly, what could possibly be wrong with children sharing pjs? They are siblings and it is just to bed.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 6:30 pm
Perhaps it is better if you love the person who wore them before.

There are certainly worse fates. OP asked about our feelings where the situation cannot be described as having no choices.

I am not for it, but to each her own. It's not the crime of the century.

I have a right to my view. I think it isn't ideal. I vote no.

Or I vote for sewing ribbon around the leg or cuff. Something along that line.

singleagain

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 10:53 pm
MrsDash wrote:
Careful, a girl wearing boys pajamas might turn her lesbian.

Please tell me you don't really believe this?? I'm shocked that this idea is still around in this day and age!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 12:56 am
Just dont take pics. I had my dd wear tons of boys handmedowns when she was under two. Now she is a teen and she aleays mentions how it was not ok thaat I didnt dress her in cute girlie clothes. I dont know why it bothers her but it does (all her clothes from age two and up are girls things)

Amarante

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 7:25 am
amother wrote:
Just dont take pics. I had my dd wear tons of boys handmedowns when she was under two. Now she is a teen and she aleays mentions how it was not ok thaat I didnt dress her in cute girlie clothes. I dont know why it bothers her but it does (all her clothes from age two and up are girls things)

She's a teenager and would find something to criticize however you dressed her. For your sanity, don't take criticisms from her on things like this seriously or you will never survive. LOL

ETA and I wouldn't be surprised if she showed pictures of herself in those boys clothes in a few years as being adorable. One of my favorite baby pictures is me dressed in my brother's cowboy outfit.

Last edited by Amarante on Thu, Oct 01 2015, 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total

mille

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 7:46 am
singleagain wrote:
Please tell me you don't really believe this?? I'm shocked that this idea is still around in this day and age!

I am 10000% confident it was sarcasm, don't worry! (Unfortunately people do believe weird things like this, still...)

I also don't get it - it's pajamas which people don't typically see, and it's for a baby - who cares? It's just clothes. Clothes are only gendered if we decide they are gendered, or if they literally say "mommy's little boy" or whatever. If it has no words on it, who cares if it has trucks instead of princess wands?

Apparently gendered children's/baby's clothing is a very very recent phenomena to the extent we see it today. And it used to be that pink was designated for boys and blue for girls - which shows just how arbitrary this stuff is!

PAMOM

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 8:27 am
My amazingly wonderful sister was a buyer for a MAJOR department store conglomerate when my dd was born. Sister had a son who was several sizes bigger although only 4 mos older. She had wonderful ckothes for him--and he outgrew them within a very short time up till age 2. My dd had wonderful snow suits, footed stretchies, turtlenecks, fleecie PJ's, overalls, sweaters, and more--all in perfect condition, courtesy of my sister. Ok, I didn't take her out in dark striped tops under the overslls but in the house? Sure! And do you think I cared that some footed PJs were green with animals, blue with fish, or white with paint-type splashes of color? Uh--no. I remember the pale blue snowsuit especially well!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics