Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Getting back on track (healthy eating)

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Sep 29 2015, 10:27 pm
My kids have always been good eaters and I always cook healthy, wholesome meals. Neither of them has ever gone through a picky stage. They have their preferences and a few things they don't like, but they've never been picky. I'm pregnant and had a difficult first trimester so for about two months everyone pretty much ate noodles and cheese. Now I'm fine and back to making my usual stuff and now they won't eat! It's been three weeks now, and the two year has gotten back to trying "new" things and eating most stuff, but the four year old is refusing and asking for noodles. It's not even like I give in, dinner is take it or leave it, I don't have time nor patience for preparing extra food. His answer is to go to the fridge and pull out a yogurt and a fruit. So for three weeks he's eating yogurt, fruit, some cheese, and a few bites of plain chicken here and there. Won't eat sauce, won't eat a vegetable, says "I don't like it" to everything and keeps asking for noodles. I make noodles about once a week, with lots of veggies and homemade sauce, and he just eats them plain. It was never like this before, even as a toddler, he was never picky. Now I feel like I've ruined everything just by taking some shortcuts temporarily. How can I get him eating normally again?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 10:30 am
Bump

chouli

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 10:59 am
I have a similar problem with my 8 year old. He has always been a good eater, but suddenly does not like many things anymore. It just happened out of nowhere... For now, he eats lots of sandwiches, and whatever I make (he has to at least try some of my food). I dont mind anymore if he does not eat well for one meal, because he is otherwise healthy and will eat something (hopefully) at the next meal. Just offer him what is there, dont make him eat everything (I would be totally fine with him only eating pasta without sauce) but dont give in and cook extra for him. Eventually he will go back to eat other things again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics