Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Health insurance from government- wants me to go to court

freshair

Post Tue, Sep 29 2015, 11:30 pm
I wasn't accepted to united health Care. I was upset about it and decided to go ahead with a fair hearing in court. They asked me to send them a lot of papers by a certain deadline and all was in on time. They sent a letter stating that my son is going to be put on Medicaid plan D (not sure what that entails) they told me that if I am okay with what they declare then I should sign a certain paper and send it in by a certain date otherwise they are going to continue with a court date. Everything was sent back on time and they just sent me a letter with a court date to go fight my rights. I was okay with plan d. Now I'm so nervous what is going to happen. It's not like I can call them and they'll do anything because no one answeres the phones in the office. What should I do? Has anyone ever been in such a pickle? I literally can't sleep.

cnc

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 1:00 am
What does that mean" you were upset about it"?
Are you eligible for United Healthcare or not? If you are not, then it makes no difference how upset you are, you won't get on.
If you are eligible, then all you need to do is bring your documentation evidencing your eligibility to your fair hearing.

freshair

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 1:04 am
I am not eligible. They called to tell me that. My son is eligible for plan d. They told me that if I'm happy to go on plan d I should sign certain papers and send it back. If they don't get those signed papers they will continue with the request for a fair hearing in court. I have nothing to prove myself right. So don't want to go ahead with the court. Tonight I got a letter with a court date. Not sure what to do about this now. I never get a live person on the line when I call social services.

yogabird

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 1:05 am
United Healthcare has plans under Medicaid, child health plus, and other subsidized marketplace plans. What does it mean you didn't get on?

freshair

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 1:17 am
Let me explain everything again. Seems like I wasn't clear. Basically, my son was on united health Care since he was a baby until he was a year and a half. They sent me a letter this past January that I need to reapply for health care. I reapplied and got a letter in May that I am terminated and the amounts that they showed for our family in come (3 people) wasn't true. So I sent back a form that I would like a fair hearing. They sent me back that they are doing the whole thing through mail and I should send them all my income. In the meantime, I switched jobs and I am making close to double per month from my old job B"H. So they sent me back that my son is going to be moved to plan D and that will take effect as of November 30 and if I agree to these terms (which I'm thrilled because regular health insurance that o would need to buy seems to be worse) and if they don't receive that letter that I agree then I will have to stand in court and try to prove that I'm eligible. At this point I understand that I am not eligible for united healthier care and would be perfectly fine with my son on plan d. Seems like they havent received the letter with a signed signature and sent me a letter with a court date to fight for my rights. I have nothing to prove. I sent them everything. Not sure why they set up a court date for this when I sent them a letter stating that I'm fine with plan d. Social services doesn't answer me. I left them numerous messages in general. How am I supposed to let them know that I sent them a letter that I want the plan d for my son and don't want the fair hearing? I'm so frustrated with this.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 1:22 am
In other words, right now you're not eligible for any plan? Plan D option was based on your previous income?

If that's the case then going to court won't help. They base your eligibility on your current income and pay stubs, not the income you had when you applied.

freshair

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 1:27 am
Exactly. Now I sent back the letter stating that I will be happy with plan d for my son as they mention in the last letter they sent. They told me that if I don't sign a paper that was attached to the letter stating thaybmybson is eligible for plan d they will make a court case. I was fine with thatvsi so sent back the signed letter. Seems like they never got it so they sent a letter tonight with a court case. I have nothing to prove. I want to get out of this court case because obviously this was sent by mistake. I can't reach anyone at the social services office as I am transfered to voice mails. What can I do about this?

cnc

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 2:09 am
Your letters may have crossed in the mail, but unfortunately there's most likely no way to get onto Medicaid now. Sad

Amarante

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 7:30 am
It's still confusing but as I understand it neither you nor your son is eligible for Medicaid because your income is too high.

If your son isn't eligible based in your current income, the hearing is irrelevant since he isn't eligible. Since you aren't eligible, you would possibly get in trouble if you used it. I believe you can be made to pay back the value of services received.

nywife

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 9:12 am
OP where are you located? Perhaps imamothers can give you numbers of caseworkers involved with Medicaid. It's a mess to navigate alone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics