Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
JM/Modiin rabbi molester
1  2  Next

chani8

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 2:36 am
http://www.jewishcommunitywatc.....ents/

Quote:
Rabbi Moshe Avraham Steinharter, 43, was arrested by Modiin Police following a complaint by a former student, now 19, who claimed he was molested by the rabbi since he was 14 years old.

mommy43

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 2:54 am
whats the point in posting this here do you know its true?

grace413

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 3:02 am
The point in posting is to alert people that they may be living near dangerous people.

I'm willing to believe press reports that police say they have arrested a person named so and so.

The less sweeping under the rug, the better of we all are.

chani8

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 3:14 am
Loshen hara toeles states that we are chiyuv to enlighten the community of predators.

This man may have other victims out there who need to know that they are not alone, and who should be encouraged to come forward in this investigation to give more strength to the case.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 3:53 am
mommy43 wrote:

If you had a teenaged son in Israel, would you leave him alone with the accused after this report?

Berches

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 4:00 am
We have/had a son in that Yeshiva and as a matter of fact we now need desperately to find a new place for him within no time ...

chani8

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 4:15 am
Berches wrote:
We have/had a son in that Yeshiva and as a matter of fact we now need desperately to find a new place for him within no time ...

Wishing you hatzlocha! Please take the time to share this 'news' of the rabbi's arrest, with your son. As scary as it is to ask, it's better for the child to 'tell', so ask your child gently if anything happened to him. I hope your child was spared any abuse!

Berches

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 4:31 am
Don't worry, we have bh a good connection to our son. He didn't notice anything.

smilingmom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 6:51 am
mommy43 wrote:

Thank you mommy43 for supporting, you son, brother, or husband.
I applaud your support of your sick relative, he will need a lot of emotional support especially since normal prisoners are known for not being kind to child molesters.

The OP posted that your beloved moishe was arrested, which we all know is true, since it is public information. As to whether the allegations are true, only time will tell, but I am glad your Moishe admitted to some physical contact with the victim, instead of denying the charges outright. it will only a matter of time before other victims, if they exist come forward and justice will hopefully be served.

cookiecutter

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 7:12 am
smilingmom wrote:
I applaud your support of your sick relative, he will need a lot of emotional support especially since normal prisoners are known for not being kind to child molesters.

The OP posted that your beloved moishe was arrested, which we all know is true, since it is public information. As to whether the allegations are true, only time will tell, but I am glad your Moishe admitted to some physical contact with the victim, instead of denying the charges outright. it will only a matter of time before other victims, if they exist come forward and justice will hopefully be served.
Congratulations, this might be the sickest, most twisted post I have ever read.

nywife

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 9:14 am
smilingmom wrote:

shock shock shock
What the heck?

smilingmom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 9:24 am
cookiecutter wrote:
Congratulations, this might be the sickest, most twisted post I have ever read.

I apologize that my attempt at sarcasm was not clear..........
I am not that tech savvy, is there a way to indicate sarcasm in posts.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 9:30 am
smilingmom wrote:

Your sarcasm came across quite loudly, just....ugh.

Laiya

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 10:24 am
I THINK Smilingmom was taking issue with the poster who was taking issue with publicizing OP's link.

Iow, I think she's supporting OP. (Not completely sure though.)

smilingmom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 11:24 am
Laiya wrote:
I THINK Smilingmom was taking issue with the poster who was taking issue with publicizing OP's link.

Iow, I think she's supporting OP. (Not completely sure though.)

You are right on target.
I find people who protest with "Loshen Hoarah" and "Dan L'kaf Zchus" and "How do you know it's true?" are usually related to the accused criminal.

Lady Bug

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 12:32 pm
I liked smilingmom's post. She made her point about amother being related to the accused in a nice way.

yenny

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 12:46 pm
smilingmom wrote:

I haven't seen water as clear as your sarcasm.

I,hate molesters and the pple that stick up for them just as much as you ,but please ,you sound mean.
yes I would err on the side of guilty but maybe some pple really do believe in innocence. I'm not so good.

sourstix

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 8:24 pm
look not everything in the press is true. time will tell. unfortunately there are enough teens that are bitter at some adults in there life and are willing to make up some stories and have some of them arrested. its not news. I dont know if the guy is guilty or not but he didnt go through a court of law so we dont know yet. not saying hes not guilty. but again he wasnt tried yet. no, I dont believe everything I see in the news. who knows.....

runninglate

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 11:26 pm
Lady Bug wrote:
I liked smilingmom's post. She made her point about amother being related to the accused in a nice way.
She did?!

heidi

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 1:45 am
I know this man and I have a professional knowledge of his school. It is a school for very troubled children, either from very troubled backgrounds and/or with major behavioral issues. His facility has no governmental overviews, no professional licensing and there is no supervision of the teens at night, other than a 19-20 year old boy, usually a graduate of the program.
He charges several thousand dollars a month for his facility.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics