Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Spicy Moroccan Salmon

Amarante

Post Fri, Oct 02 2015, 8:08 am
This goes quite quickly. Obviously I prep the ingredients before I start cooking the salmon. These can be prepped or entire fish can be cooked earlier since it tastes good at room temperature.

Spicy Moroccan Salmon

Serves 6 to 8

8 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons flour
4 (6 to 8-ounce) salmon fillets (skin and bones removed)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon pepper
3 heaping tablespoons minced fresh garlic
1 serrano chili, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons cumin
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons tomato paste
¼ cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is better but not absolutely necessary)
2 teaspoons sugar

Garnish: Chopped fresh cilantro

In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium high heat. Season fish with salt and pepper and dredge with flour. Shake off excess. Add to skillet and cook for about 4 minutes per side – or until golden. Remove to a plate covered with paper towels.

In a food processor, purée garlic, chilies, paprika, cumin, cayenne, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons oil.

Heat remaining 4 tablespoons oil in skillet over low heat. Add garlic-chili mixture. Cook, stirring constantly for 30 seconds. Gently pour in tomato paste and water. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 30 more seconds. Stir in lemon juice and sugar.

Return salmon to pan and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer until is cooked through.

Serve warm or a room temperature, topped with the sauce and sprinkled with some fresh cilantro, if desired.

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, Oct 07 2015, 4:46 pm
To call it Moroccan salmon (or fish), you'll really need to add pickled lemon and chopped salad onion in the recipe! Also coriander goes in during the cooking (use whole stalks), not just chopped leaves for garnish.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics