Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby in the car

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Oct 02 2015, 1:34 pm
I'm just curious what other people do....

Just recently, I started driving my kids to school so I have to take my 4 month old baby each time I take them and pick them up. The weather is starting to get colder and rainy. So far, I've been taking out the baby each time I pick up and take my kids to preschool. I take the baby out even though it only takes about 2 minutes to bring my two kids to the car. What do people do with babies in the car and when it's winter? I'm scared of leaving my baby in the car...even if it's just for a minute after hearing about kids being stuck in a car. I think I'm doing the right thing, but it's getting difficult now with the rain and when it gets colder.

observer

Post Fri, Oct 02 2015, 1:40 pm
We take the baby with us. Every. Single. Time.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Oct 02 2015, 1:52 pm
I know it's cold and wet and yucky, but please, please please, don't ever leave your baby or child in the car even for a minute.

The Happy Wife

Post Fri, Oct 02 2015, 1:54 pm
I always take my baby. They make covers like bundle mes that are elasticized and fit on top of infant car seats that keep baby warm and protected from the elements.

mha3484

Post Fri, Oct 02 2015, 2:09 pm
DH takes the baby every time. If its too hard for whatever reason, I pay another parent to take DS home. In the morning the Morahs wait outside to bring the kids in.

animeme

Post Fri, Oct 02 2015, 2:11 pm
You can ask the school if someone can bring the kids out or take them in for you, to meet you at your car. If not, baby comes with you. Definitely get the cover for the carseat.

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Oct 02 2015, 5:07 pm
Thanks. I knew I was doing the right thing not to leave the baby in the car even if it's just for a minute. I think I'll ask the teachers if they can bring them out for me, that's a good idea.

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Oct 02 2015, 5:22 pm
You can get arrested for leaving a baby in the car even for a minute. That said I'm really worried about this winter since my dds school requires that parents bring their kids into the classroom. It'll be tough shlepping the baby with.

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Oct 03 2015, 8:35 pm
amother wrote:
You can get arrested for leaving a baby in the car even for a minute. That said I'm really worried about this winter since my dds school requires that parents bring their kids into the classroom. It'll be tough shlepping the baby with.

OP here
This is the first year I'm driving the kids and with my 4 month old it is tough. Many times I have to wake him up from his nap in order to take or bring back the kids from school. Then I have to take him out of the car seat each time I go to the school to pick them up or go to the school. I don't know what I'll do in the winter, but it is tough doing this with a baby. I'll ask the teachers if they could bring out the kids, but I think the UPK class for my oldest kid won't bring him out because I have to sign in and out each time. So most likely I'll have to take with me the baby each time... hopefully he'll get used to (cries in the car).

singleagain

Post Sat, Oct 03 2015, 8:54 pm
amother wrote:
OP here
Then I have to take him out of the car seat each time

can you get a snap and go carseat/stroller combo thing? so you don't have to undo the buckles and stuff, might make it a bit easier to just take the actual seat in and out

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 04 2015, 1:22 am
My friend was arrested for leaving her infant in the car for 5 minutes. Don't ever leave child alone in the car.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 04 2015, 12:32 pm
Arrested? what kind of country is that...
Anyway, if there is a classroom bringing policy and their are stairs, you may leave the baby down the stairs or ask for your kid going alone. If I drove the kids I would have a huge problem putting the babies in the strollers and pushing two strollers to the school
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics