Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
ISO fancy clothing stores in Israel
1  2  Next

3mitzvos

Post Mon, Oct 05 2015, 2:10 pm
My sister needs a fancy dress for a wedding in Israel. It needs to be both tznius and trendy. Any suggestions as to where she should go shopping?

israel22

Post Mon, Oct 05 2015, 2:17 pm
there are a bunch of nice stores in geula specifically One of a kind and also one called fancy (its 2 doors down from uris pizza)
also if you walk down from tachna merkatzit towards center one there is a bunch over there as well
hatzlacha!

Liebs

Post Mon, Oct 05 2015, 2:37 pm
One of a Kind is parallel to Malchei Yisroel. If you go down Rechov hayeshiva from malchei yisroel and make a left it' son left hand side.
Miri's.
Bnei Brak also has tons!
There are also more in Jerusalem just don't know where...one called elagantza maybe?

3mitzvos

Post Mon, Oct 05 2015, 2:51 pm
Liebs wrote:
One of a Kind is parallel to Malchei Yisroel. If you go down Rechov hayeshiva from malchei yisroel and make a left it' son left hand side.
Miri's.
Bnei Brak also has tons!
There are also more in Jerusalem just don't know where...one called elagantza maybe?

Thanks Liebs! Bnei Brak actually might be the best for her since she's very close by. Any recommendations for specific stores or maybe a street/are she should go to?

3mitzvos

Post Mon, Oct 05 2015, 2:54 pm
israel22 wrote:
there are a bunch of nice stores in geula specifically One of a kind and also one called fancy (its 2 doors down from uris pizza)
also if you walk down from tachna merkatzit towards center one there is a bunch over there as well
hatzlacha!

Thanks! How about Center One? Do they have fancy stuff?

DrMom

Post Mon, Oct 05 2015, 3:25 pm
I'm not sure what type of style you are looking for.

There's a chain called "Mekimi"which has trendy and modest clothes and accessories. More "daytime bris clothes" than "evening wedding clothes," but you can find something suitable.

http://www.mekimi-fashion.co.I.....2015/

Try also Dorin Frankfurt (More Israeli-style, but still some classic pieces. Well-made. Not all the pieces are modest, but some are.)
http://www.dorinfrankfurt.com/

DrMom

Post Mon, Oct 05 2015, 4:26 pm
Also check out Naama Bezalel (pricey).

Liebs

Post Mon, Oct 05 2015, 5:19 pm
You have to ask some eurpean ladies-they usually dress the best IMO! (the fancy ones)

3mitzvos

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 3:19 am
DrMom wrote:
I'm not sure what type of style you are looking for.

There's a chain called "Mekimi"which has trendy and modest clothes and accessories. More "daytime bris clothes" than "evening wedding clothes," but you can find something suitable.

http://www.mekimi-fashion.co.I.....2015/

Try also Dorin Frankfurt (More Israeli-style, but still some classic pieces. Well-made. Not all the pieces are modest, but some are.)
http://www.dorinfrankfurt.com/

So, she just recently became frum and she said she doesn't want anything that reminds her of "Fiddler on the Roof." She also has very American style, having just made aliyah a month ago.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 3:35 am
Where does she live in Israel? What does she consider modest? (just make sure there is no cleavage and shoulders and thighs are covered - or down to her ankles, loose fitting, collar-bone covering, wrist long - etc. Just give some guidelines. Also how fancy? Is she looking for a gown or a pretty cocktail dress.

5mom

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 3:36 am
If her budget allows for something expensive, Shibbolet at 29 Haturim in Mekor Baruch has formal clothing that's not Fiddler on the Roof style.

3mitzvos

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 3:42 am
She lives in Yerushalayim, but is near Bnei Brak right now. Regarding tznius -- elbows, collar bone, knees covered. Doesn't need to be loose, though. She wears form-fitting clothes. Can be something worn with a shell or base skirt.

3mitzvos

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 3:43 am
Also, doesn't need to be a gown, just a nice cocktail dress.

5mom

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 3:45 am
If her budget allows for something expensive, Shibbolet at 29 Haturim in Mekor Baruch has formal clothing that's not Fiddler on the Roof style.

3mitzvos

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 3:51 am
5mom wrote:

How expensive?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 3:53 am
One Of a Kind is great, I like going there just to look at the dresses. The long gorgeous ones are 1300nis and up. They do have a clearance corner though.
Miri's is also good, I remember the prices being higher though. There are quite a few other stores in Geula, I don't know the names, but they're all in the same vicinity.

DrMom

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 3:53 am
3mitzvos wrote:
So, she just recently became frum and she said she doesn't want anything that reminds her of "Fiddler on the Roof." She also has very American style, having just made aliyah a month ago.

I think the things at Mekimi and Naama Bezalel are nice, although the latter may require shells underneath (not my style, but it works for some people) if you choose items from the spring/summer collection. It is easier to find daytime formal as opposed to evening formal clothing there, though.

Naama Bezalel has a bit of retro vibe, but not as retro as Fiddler on the Roof!

Oh, and the photography on the websites for many modern stores has a weird editorial look to it that makes everything look ugly. You need to look at the clothes in person.

3mitzvos

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 3:59 am
DrMom wrote:
I think the things at Mekimi and Naama Bezalel are nice, although the latter may require shells underneath (not my style, but it works for some people) if you choose items from the spring/summer collection. It is easier to find daytime formal as opposed to evening formal clothing there, though.

Naama Bezalel has a bit of retro vibe, but not as retro as Fiddler on the Roof!

Oh, and the photography on the websites for many modern stores has a weird editorial look to it that makes everything look ugly. You need to look at the clothes in person.

Thanks so much! I'll definitely tell her to check them out. The shell-underneath-dress phenomenon isn't really her thing, either, by the way, but she may not have a choice given the short time frame she has to get a dress. The wedding is tonight!!!

DrMom

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 4:27 am
3mitzvos wrote:
Thanks so much! I'll definitely tell her to check them out. The shell-underneath-dress phenomenon isn't really her thing, either, by the way, but she may not have a choice given the short time frame she has to get a dress. The wedding is tonight!!!

Yikes!

I find shopping here to be very tricky.

If she has a LBD, maybe she can dress it up with new accessories/costume jewelry. That may be the best solution given the tight timeframe.

5mom

Post Tue, Oct 06 2015, 4:30 am
I think Shibbolet is also 1200 shekel and up.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics