Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Fleishigs or Milchigs for suppers?
1  2  Next

gryp

Post Tue, Oct 12 2004, 9:21 am
Which domineers your suppers? We have fleishigs most of the week and milchigs or pareve once or twice. My whole kitchen is practically fleishig. Most of my friends are like this too but a few have their whole kitchen milchig instead and serve mostly milchigs...

thebestmommy

Post Tue, Oct 12 2004, 9:33 am
I also serve mostly Fleishigs. When I serve Milchigs, I feel like I'm serving lunch, unless it's something really fancy (which takes much longer to prepare than Fleishigs). It's so much to easier to make something like chicken and potatoes than to make a spinach quiche. I just stick to Fleishigs. Very Happy

proudmom

Post Tue, Oct 12 2004, 9:46 am
with me it is I serve milk meat and pareve a whole week. My husband likes when we have milk one night and then meat the next and then something pareve the day after etc.

Motek

Post Tue, Oct 12 2004, 11:57 am
Sundays - leftover from Shabbos

Mon. and Thurs. - milchigs

Tues. and Wed. - fleishigs, the same both nights

for milchig nights I make either a cheese something like tuna casserole, lasagne, veg. quiche, pizza, macaroni and cheese

or something with fish like fried fish and mashed potatoes (with butter and milk), tuna or salmon fishcakes

and yes, these things work well for lunch the next day too

last night I made salmon croquettes (Lub. cookbook) and a milchig potato soup

micki

Post Tue, Oct 12 2004, 11:59 am
we have leftover fleishik on sun. parve (soy) on monday fish on tue. fleishik on wed. and milchig on thur.
this way I know we get a blance of foods.

zuncompany

Post Tue, Oct 12 2004, 12:02 pm
My kitchen in only fleish cause Zu had issues until a year old with dairy. He still can't have milk or foods cooked with milk (can tolerate moe processed dairy like yogurt and cheese). So fleish fleish fleish. As a treat I will make something milchik (I have a convection oven in the dining room for dairy and a microwave for dairy).
sara

Tefila

Post Tue, Oct 12 2004, 10:43 pm
Motek have you been to my house or something I serve the meals the same way you do Surprised

Tefila

Post Tue, Oct 12 2004, 10:45 pm
Except slightly diff recipes. My kids get hot lunches in school b"h so I work according to what was or was not served that day!

curlyhead

Post Wed, Oct 13 2004, 5:54 am
I have a small kitchen so everything is basicaly fleishig. We only have milchig once a week. All I have for milchig a small toaster over so I will make either pizza or lazanga. ( my milchig set of pots have not been used in 2 years- since we moved in this apartment)
Sunday is leftover if there is anything left
once or twice week I make fish
twice a week fleishig

CS

Post Wed, Oct 13 2004, 12:05 pm
I wish I were so organized that I could tell you what I make. Each morning I wake up and decide what to make - I'm big into fish, the kids love tacos (which are a huge mess) and pasta/rice - I worry about side dishes making sure the kids get veggies in a form they eat. Whenever I make a nice dinner (at least what I consider nice), my kids usually decide to eat cereal.

I keep promising myself to make a menu plan to follow each week - but I hate routines or being "told" what to make, so I resist this wonderful habit.

Chanie

Post Wed, Oct 13 2004, 7:34 pm
I used to make a lot of fleishig, because I come from such a house. My husband's family, however ate mostly pareve suppers. He thought it weird that I was making meat all except once a week I'd make milchig. (now that was another issue since my husband comes from a family where the only milchig was milk in your cereal or yougart and had a hard time tasting my milchig creations, which most he came to like) So now I try to mix around the meals between fleishig, pareve, and milchig to keep it balanced.

Tefila

Post Sun, Dec 10 2006, 12:53 am
Well my meals have changed over the past few months due to different schedule B"h Smile

Marion

Post Sun, Dec 10 2006, 2:27 am
Mostly meaty. I would prefer dairy, but DH's stomach doesn't handle it so well, so sometimes fish, but mostly meat. Also because I have a tendency to overcook for Shabbat, so most of the week we eat leftovers.

mumof1

Post Sun, Dec 10 2006, 2:35 am
always meat we live in israel and dh comes home from yeshiva for lunch so lunch is always dairy or fish

binah918

Post Sun, Dec 10 2006, 2:36 am
Mosty milchigs/parve. Fleishigs only for Shabbos and Sunday leftovers. (And Monday lunch if there's still some left.)

Btw, doesn't it add up to serve fleishigs so much during the week? B"H, our monthly food bill is very low, but I can only imagine what it would be if we served fleishigs more than once a week.

Tefila

Post Sun, Dec 10 2006, 11:31 am
I also go by what leftovers we have and recycle.

bandcm

Post Sun, Dec 10 2006, 11:41 am
I was brought up with parev and milchig most of the week, and fleishig once a week besides for Shabbos.
IsnĀ“t anyone concerned about bad cholesterol and fat when serving fleishigs all the time?

shopaholic

Post Sun, Dec 10 2006, 1:11 pm
Sun - leftovers
Mon - meat, & Wed - shnitzel
Tues - fish or pasta & Thurs - pizza or soup & sandwiches

I like alternatiing.

myfriends715

Post Sun, Dec 10 2006, 1:39 pm
is basically fleishigs... except like once every 2 months or so... dh is a real carnivor and I like meat too. sometimes though when we go out we go for milchigs but mostly fleishigs as well. I remember when I was engaged I was looking for pots and pans. when I finally found a milchig set I liked I called dh and told him. btw I bought a set of milchig pots... dh responded WHY???? Banging head Banging head Banging head Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head

jewgal84

Post Sun, Dec 10 2006, 1:57 pm
We play it by ear usually, we never have a "set" menue.

My dh loves meat but since I got preggy I've had no appetite for meat or chicken, so we stick now to pareve/milchig dishes unless he makes shnitzel or something with minced meat (those I can swallow).

BH he's been a great help and pretty much understanding Very Happy !!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen