Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Smallest Kosher Calcium supplement?

mommyX2

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 7:15 pm
I took need to take calcium since I dont get from milk. I get some from almond milk or OJ but not enough. I had calcium pills a long time ago and they were so huge I could never get myself to take them! what is the smallest size pill out there? (that's kosher) TIA!

Esther23

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 8:37 pm
Not sure if it's the smallest as I've never compared but the Shaklee one is small and coated so goes down easily. They also have a chewable version.

chatz

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 8:33 am
You can get chewable. Tums (with a hechsher) or adwe's. Neither have vitamin d though.

skcomputer

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 9:06 am
A lot of the big calcium pills have a line down the middle (on the short side of the oval) and they can be easily broken in half by hand or with a pill splitter. Maybe that will make it easier to swallow.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 9:31 am
Coral calcium complex by dynamic is a liquid that tastes good, a bit like papaya/passion fruit type flavor. I take it and give small dose to the kids too.

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 9:36 am
A little electric spice / coffee grinder might make the pills into powder for you.

(It is true that some pills should not be crushed. It makes them absorb too fast and that can be dangerous.

But I don't think calcium is one of those things.)

esther62

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 9:05 am
I highly recommend VitaShield B Advanced Calcium Bone Support, which is coated and easy to swallow. It's cost effective compared to other kosher formulas. Besides Magnesium and Vitamin D, it includes Vitamin K2, which helps keep Calcium in the bones. For more information see www.drshieldsnutrition.com.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 6:17 pm
I get mine from The Vitamin Shoppe and they're small, but I need to take 6 of them. They have a Kosher liquid in a blueberry flavor too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics