Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr. Mermelstein in Boro Park closed

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 11:54 pm
I called today to schedule an appointment for my son and there was a recorded message from Dr. Mermelstein saying the office is permanently closed! I'm so shocked! I really liked him, he was such a nice, good, patient Doctor that actually discussed the issues with you, wasn't pushy...
So now I have to find a new pediatrician. Any of his patients on here? Where are you switching to? I'm wondering which other pediatrician in Boro Park is similar to his style.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 11:57 pm
Isn't he the doctor that the non vaxers were using?

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 12:16 am
Possibly him, because he allowed me to vaccinate on a delayed schedule and I know one other family who used him who did not vaccinate, but I don't know any of the other patients.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 12:25 am
No, he did not allow non vaxers to stay, but he did allow different scheduling. It's a big loss to the community, but it's places like Urgent Care that are forcing small practices to close, merge, or sell. Or make doctors take semi retirement.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 12:41 am
amother wrote:
No, he did not allow non vaxers to stay, but he did allow different scheduling. It's a big loss to the community, but it's places like Urgent Care that are forcing small practices to close, merge, or sell. Or make doctors take semi retirement.

Or the fact that he doesn't live in Brooklyn was taking a toll on his family....

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 9:22 am
I'm confused. Shouldnt a pediatrician who is closing his office at least give his patients notice, and access to their records? This is not a normal way of doing things!

sourstix

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 10:08 am
yes something doesnt smell good here.

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 10:37 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I'm confused. Shouldnt a pediatrician who is closing his office at least give his patients notice, and access to their records? This is not a normal way of doing things!

Maybe he did. Maybe the OP is not what would be considered a "regular patient" if she just brings the kids in for a strep culture here and there. Under normal circumstances, closing without notifying patients does not make sense.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 10:57 am
Scrabble123 wrote:
Maybe he did. Maybe the OP is not what would be considered a "regular patient" if she just brings the kids in for a strep culture here and there. Under normal circumstances, closing without notifying patients does not make sense.

Don't be so shocked my ob/gyn in Brooklyn just did the same thing. The only reason I found out that she was retiring was because I called to make an appointment. When I went to get my records I asked if they were planning on letting the patients know and they answered no!

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 11:01 am
amother wrote:
Don't be so shocked my ob/gyn in Brooklyn just did the same thing. The only reason I found out that she was retiring was because I called to make an appointment. When I went to get my records I asked if they were planning on letting the patients know and they answered no!

I wonder if it's the same as mine. I saw her 2 weeks before she closed. She gave no notice and I found out thanks to imamother.
Very not mentchlich. Not fun sitting in the ER due to an ectopic pregnancy because I had no OBGYN.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 11:03 am
amother wrote:
I wonder if it's the same as mine. I saw her 2 weeks before she closed. She gave no notice and I found out thanks to imamother.
Very not mentchlich. Not fun sitting in the ER due to an ectopic pregnancy because I had no OBGYN.

It probably is she closed end of June and she was spoken about on Imamother. I'm sorry that you had such a hard time. I hope you had an easy recovery and can share good news soon.

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 11:04 am
amother wrote:

amother wrote:

I'm so sorry. That is entirely unacceptable.

Pandabeer

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 11:23 am
I also found out yom tov - ds went there almost monthly for his prescription, so I think that's considered a patient.
I didn't get any notice either...

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 12:39 pm
Dr. Mermelstein DID send letters to all his patients notifying them he was closing and that they could come get their medical records, if they so desired. But I guess being dan l"chaf zchus Dr. M, and just posting negative things about the man who devoted himself to your kids doesn't register for you. If you don't know facts, I suggest, you don't post untruths on the internet.

mfb

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 1:26 pm
amother wrote:

Just curious which ob closed down?

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 1:27 pm
mfb wrote:
Just curious which ob closed down?

Coch
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics