Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
I hate adulting!!!

RW

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 7:55 am
I think my transition into adulthood just happened the other day. I recieved a bill in the mail from a lab that my doctor had sent after a routine exam. Normally, if any procedures/tests are sent to an outside lab, I am responsible for an additional copy from the lab. However, this is not the case for anything sent out for a routine annual exam, ie. Pap smear. So I called my insurance company to get the bill handled and they said that I need to call the doctor's office because they made a mistake when billing my insurance. So I called the billing department from the doctor's office and spoke to an extremely nasty woman. She said she made no mistakes when billing the insurance company and that I should call the lab who sent me the bill. So I called the lab and the lab said that they are just billing me what the insurance company said to bill me and that I should take it up with the insurance company. So I call the insurance company again and they said that the doctor's office wrote in a wrong code when billing the insurance company so my annual visit looks like a sick visit and not a well annual exam. That is why I am being charged an additional copay from the lab. So I tried calling the billing department of my doctor 's office again, probably over 5 times and all I kept getting was voice mail. No one answered the phone. So now I have to call again today in hopes that an extremely nasty woman answers the phone so that this can finally get resolved. Why should I have to pay an additional copay because of someone's mistake. I apologize for the long rant. I am just so infuriated over how people can mess up and deny they made a mistake. It is so aggravating.

vicki

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 9:17 am
Yes, I agree. You are now officially an adult.
I think we've all had to deal with the round-in-a-circle-we-go bureaucracy at least once or twice.
Seems like you have it down.

Good luck.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 10:38 am
It's possible I've been adulting before you were born. I'm a proponent of good usage of language and I have to say, I LOVE that verb!
And hope that the situation resolves easily.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics