Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos Yisroel in Flatbush-their view on internet

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 12:47 pm
On the application it asks if you have internet, and if so if it's filtered or unfiltered. I'm just wondering-are they asking because they just want to know, and either way is acceptable to them, or they want to know because if a family has unfiltered internet they consider that unacceptable? Does anyone know?

Also any tips for their kindergarten interview? Anything to know or prepare?

TIA Smile

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 1:01 pm
I am sure that consider unfiltered unacceptable. I would sign up for k9 or web chaver before completing the application.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 6:20 pm
Thanks for the response. Any others?

nywife

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 6:21 pm
I'm sure it's not a random survey. Either way, even by secular standards, having totally unfiltered internet is not safe with kids around.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 6:45 pm
Oh of course-I do agree with that. Our oldest is 3 now, though. Hardly old enough to use the computer let alone the internet, though I do agree it's something we should think about regardless.

momx6

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 7:17 pm
As a parent in bnos yisroel, the school requires you to have filtered phones and home Internet as well. The interview is not a big deal. G'luck!

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 7:22 pm
momx6 wrote:
As a parent in bnos yisroel, the school requires you to have filtered phones and home Internet as well. The interview is not a big deal. G'luck!

Thanks for your response. Will they ask about our phones? I guess we should get a filter for our phones too?

Are you happy in Bnos Smile

momx6

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 7:30 pm
I don't think they'll ask about Internet. I love the school. I hope you get in.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 7:51 pm
Oh interesting. Ok thanks so much! Good to hear! I went there myself so I'm assuming she'll get in but know it's not a given...thank you!

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 1:56 am
Ok so I just signed up for a filter and am having technical difficulties. Basically I already paid but the download is not working. I emailed them but meanwhile I have this nice little application waiting for me to fill out if we have filtered or unfiltered internet. If it doesn't get resolved before I need to finish the application, what should I write?

trixx

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 2:51 am
Internet filer being installed

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 2:52 pm
Ok well B"h the filter worked out, it's installed, and we had our interview! Interview went well I think B"h so all's well that ends well! Thank you all!

I think I wasn't there since I was in 8th grade-gosh it was crazy nostalgic to see the school again!! and lots of my old teachers...so cute to see these little kids in my old uniform...

momx6

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 11:31 pm
I'm glad the interview went OK. Who interviewed you, Mrs. Brickman or Rebitzen Groner? I hope you are accepted!

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 1:11 am
Both Smile Rebbetzin Groner started and Mrs. Brickman came in in the middle. It was so weird to see them all and the building again. Rebbetzin Groner gave me a hug and a kiss Smile

Now I'm having second thoughts about not applying anywhere else and think maybe we should. It's so hard to know what's right! Even when you 'research' it's only really helpful when the people you speak to you know you and your type really well...it's not so helpful when you speak to someone about the school they send their daughter to when they don't really know where you're coming and you don't really know where they're coming from. and when their experiences might not be yours at all.

I think she'd be happy there, but how do I really know? Maybe I should go to other schools for comparison...not that being in a school for an hour gives you enough information to know if that place is right for your child...but what will? Nothing, really..I know a huge part of this is siyata dishmaya but I wish there was a more sure way of going about this process of deciding which school is best for your child.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics