Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
In search of nice easy tasty dairy dessert for DD Bas Mitzv
1  2  Next

mommy1and3

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 10:09 am
any and all ideas or links would really be appreciated and helpful!

imasinger

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 11:10 am
Can't go wrong with ice cream or cheesecake!

mommy1and3

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 11:16 am
Any fancy ice cream ideas?

Iymnok

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 11:21 am
Ice cream bar!
Have three large tubs of ice cream, and bowls of sauces and toppings.
Go to an ice cream store for ideas.
Hiring a teen for serving would be very nice too.

mommy1and3

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 11:24 am
Definitely sounds exciting!

rosenbal

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 11:27 am
Iymnok wrote:
Ice cream bar!
Have three large tubs of ice cream, and bowls of sauces and toppings.
Go to an ice cream store for ideas.
Hiring a teen for serving would be very nice too.

If you don't do a bar but want to do a fancy ice cream dessert, have it plated individually ahead of time and all ready to just be served from your freezer!! Otherwise, takes forever to serve, gets melty etc. I find it a big pain even when I'm just serving a larger crowd on shabbos.

Mazal tov!

Iymnok

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 12:03 pm
What could be neater? Melty ice cream, chocolate sauce, Carmel sauce and spilled sprinkles and nuts?
Okay, so Use bowls, not cones.

Sanguine

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 12:14 pm
Iymnok wrote:
What could be neater? Melty ice cream, chocolate sauce, Carmel sauce and spilled sprinkles and nuts?
Okay, so Use bowls, not cones.
I don't think this is what she has in mind Ice cream . (she wants a link or a fancy ice cream idea (?)) Did it at my older daughter's Bat Mitzva for her friends. My sisters scooped the ice cream into bowls right before we put it out and then the kids put on all the sauces-toppings-whipped cream... Great dessert!!

My other daughter's Bat Mitzva was a BBQ outside and dessert was watermelon and we built a fire and let the girls toast marshmallows! - Also a real hit!

mommy1and3

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 12:50 pm
I'm actually looking for anything that would work and prior prep is a big plus, but DD is thinking along the lines of individually plated something hot and cold....,...,,more wowing when served.... And really what can be better than pleasing our kids!

sky

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 12:55 pm
Also love ice cream bar with tons of toppings.

pre-scooped ice cream makes everything faster. I've also seen people use the small dixie cups of ice cream. Dump into a bowl and top - they are small - but much faster then dishing up.

If you want to make it even fancier you can do hot waffles at the ice cream bar. but each waffle takes about 2 minutes so it depends on if you can get more then 1 waffle iron and how many people there are, but it is a lot of fun.

ETA: just saw your post above mine, guess its not what you had in mind.

What about cookie or brownies, hot, individual portions, like baked in ramekins or cupcake cups. with a scoop of icream and some whip cream and fudge.

Sanguine

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 12:57 pm
mommy1and3 wrote:
I'm actually looking for anything that would work and prior prep is a big plus, but DD is thinking along the lines of individually plated something hot and cold....,...,,more wowing when served.... And really what can be better than pleasing our kids!
Don't really understand what hot and cold is, but building a campfire and roasting marshmallows at a Bat Mitzva was pretty wowing, even here

mommy1and3

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 12:59 pm
Most definitely wowing, just not weather appropriate for winter, by hot and cold she means sort of hot cake and fudge with cold ice cream done in a pretty way

imamothertoo

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 1:13 pm
You can line a disposable cookie sheet w parchment paper. Semi defrost a tub of vanilla ice cream and spread over parchment paper. Take a few of the long La-hit bars and leaks a row down edge of one side. The longer side. Roll up jelly roll style. U can shave dairy choc on top. Freeze. When u serve it each slice will be vanilla ice cream w choc inside

mommy1and3

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 1:30 pm
Ok great idea thanks, more of what I think my daughter has in mind

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 2:12 pm
By us, the ice cream bar is TOTALLY the favorite. Everyone gets what they want, and the kids love doing their own toppings.

We have one adult per tub of ice cream to do the scooping, so that the kids don't take more than they can eat, or struggle to get a scoop if the ice cream is too hard. (It's also helpful to have an adult at the station to make sure that one kid doesn't try to eat a whole can of whipped cream. I've seen it happen!)

Iymnok

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 2:26 pm
Put a scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough in individual aluminum muffin tins, bake them 3/4, so there is a crust on top, but the inside is gooey and melty. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel syrup.
Serve immediately.
If you find the cute cardboard muffin cups, that will look much nicer.

tichellady

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 2:35 pm
I would do dairy chocolate chip cookies, chocolate mousse in pretty cups, and mini apple/peach/ or blueberry pies.

tichellady

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 2:38 pm
I don't work well under pressure so wouldn't want to make something to be served hot in case something went wrong and I think Ice cream is messy- but if you are not like me, then go for ice cream or hot chocolate molten cakes which are so yummy!

cbg

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 3:02 pm
How about a dairy chocolate fountain
Maybe have one with white chocolate and one with milk chocolate
There not too expensive, or maybe someone has one to lend

You can have different things on skewers to dip
Bananas
Strawberry or other fruit
Marshmallow
Pre made waffles cut into triangles
Sandwich cookies they can be skewered through the filling

mommy1and3

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 3:02 pm
I'm so excited to have so many options to share with my daughter, I'm just wondering the small pie option in what would you bake it?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics