Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Please recommend a stroller for a 2 year age gap
1  2  3  Next

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 10:33 am
Iyh my kids will be just under 2 years apart. Money isn't a major issue (the donkey is an option but since I use the car a fair bit, but also walk around the neighborhood. I'm worried about lifting it and the seat height since my dc is super tall). Please list double strollers you love thanks!!

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 10:42 am
I love the instep safari, but it is not a good car option. price-wise, though, we got an instep safari and a double umbrella tandem stroller (no longer in production, I think. it was a good one, though...), and it was still cheaper than a higher end regular double. I felt it was worth it to own two, the jogger was great for long walks. if you're not going on major walks from the car and you have somewhere to store a large stroller, the instep is a very good option. it's well-proportioned for a tall kid, too.

Tekky

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 10:49 am
do NOT get the mountain buggy duet. I have it for some time and it's a total piece of garbage. parts keep breaking, fabric is fading and tearing. I'd go for the bumbleride indie twin (suprise! it's actually a beautiful stroller) or basic city mini gt.

mha3484

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 11:39 am
When I had that age gap, I bought the B-Ready. I did not want to push a side by side with only the baby in it while the older one would rather walk. I eventually sold it and have a much bigger age gap so when I wanted a new stroller I went with the new uppa. I am just using it as a single for now but the double features were hugely improved as well as the fold.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 11:39 am
Hmm I never heard of the instep safari. I haven't gotten to try the bumble ride indie as they don't have it in stores near me.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 11:41 am
mha3484 wrote:
When I had that age gap, I bought the B-Ready. I did not want to push a side by side with only the baby in it while the older one would rather walk. I eventually sold it and have a much bigger age gap so when I wanted a new stroller I went with the new uppa. I am just using it as a single for now but the double features were hugely improved as well as the fold.

The b ready is the one where the younger kid is under the seat between the back wheels? I heard that can spray mud up at the lower kid?

New uppa is nice but not great as a double.

mha3484

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 11:45 am
Britax reccomends putting the baby on the bottom and the older child on top as the bottom reclines flat. I never had any issues with mud but thats just my experience.

wifenmother

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 11:48 am
Seems to me that you won't need the double stroller for much longer with a 2 year age gap. I got a good single carriage when I had a 2yr/4month age gap with a buggy board. Loved it. My 2 year old felt like the 'big one' and I wasn't stuck with a double carriage several months later; I just removed the buggy board.

chatz

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 11:54 am
I prefer side by side strollers when possible. I really like my city mini double. My four year old uses it when she can get away with it. And I've used it for newborns (with a cushion or something).

I don't have good experience with tandem strollers

Regarding buggy board - it really depends on the child. I would think almost two years old is too young for a standing buggy board. And it can be really annoying to push, especially if it is not an umbrella stroller and the child is standing behind the stroller handlebar.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 12:13 pm
The bumbleride is great, but at that age if he's not home, get a single. My 20 month old walks pretty far. He rides when I'm impatient, he's tired or it'll be long or far.
I liked the valco hitchhiker. It fits most strollers.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 12:47 pm
Following because will have same issue IYH.
Anyone have the contours options elite?

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 12:52 pm
Check out the Orbit Double Helix.
It's not very popular in the frum community for some reason: could be that people do not like the look, the price, don't want to be the first, or don't understand/see the benefits of the features, but that stroller is amazing.

cfriedman2

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 1:04 pm
how tall is your 2 year old? my very tall 3.5 year old still fits in her donkey seat although she has surpassed the weight limit by a few pounds she is still very comfterable. Also even though shes passed the weight limit the push is still sooooo easy. There is nothing like a bugaboo push. I know ppl who get the donkey as their main stroller and than a lighter stroller for in and out of the car like a city mini.

What bugaboo has over a lot of other double strollers is the ability to have a real bassinet in one seat and it can have the seats either rear face or forward face.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 1:15 pm
cfriedman2 wrote:

What bugaboo has over a lot of other double strollers is the ability to have a real bassinet in one seat and it can have the seats either rear face or forward face.

Orbit Double Delix has that option as well, but it's not side by side which I think is a huge plus (and of course the orbit option is amazing). You can also convert it back to a single and then add one (or two) kick boards when your older child no longer needs the stroller.

simchat

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 1:23 pm
Another vote for the buggy board. My then 2 year old didn't love being in the stroller anyway, and I'm not so into using a stroller for kids over 3, max. As mentioned, once she was rarely using the board, it was simple to detach and put it away for next time iyH Smile. I also had a baby carrier for long trips I.e the zoo, when she would need to sit for a bit. I did have the extra seat (uppababy) but didn't love it, it was heavy and awkward, but I do know people who loved it. I would go with a stroller with an extra seat type of option though, over a double, so you can take it off once you don't need it anymore.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 2:08 pm
Thanks so much for your responses I've been driving myself crazy with this!
Mha- I really like the idea of the britax since it's basically like pushing a single but my dc didn't seem to like it much at the store.
Scrabble- thanks but yeah I don't like the look! To me it looks more like a forklift.

My dc has over a year until 3 so I do think I need a double but a convertible is probably best. I'm actually leaning towards citi mini double for the car in a few months after baby is born, and something a bit heavier to keep in my garage for shabbos, walks etc. I guess I'm still looking at the britax, citi select, and donkey. Amother I didn't like the countours it's heavy and didn't push so well imo.

Shallow note- I don't love the color hoods they have out now for the bugaboo.

baschabad

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 2:57 pm
Have you looked into the BOB Revolution? I've had mine for 6 years and running.

Tekky

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 2:59 pm
bugaboo is coming out with a diesel denim hood for the donkey on november 1st. it's really cool.

spring13

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 4:34 pm
A thought, if you're interested in having a lighter/simpler option - get a Joovy Varylight or a Kinderwagon Jump. They might not work as a full-time rolling the sidewalk option, but are great for the car or shorter trips.

I have a Phil and Teds that worked really well until my kids combined were too heavy for it. They both liked being on the bottom, it wasn't a problem (until my older DD was too heavy for the lower seat but really wanted to sit in it!). I'm a big fan of tandem strollers because side-by-sides are bulky in comparison and I hate things that take up too much space. I was looking at the B-Ready and really liked it too.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 4:46 pm
Baschabad not really as I'm not a huge jogger. Do you like the bob? It's big and heavy right?

Cfx- good info! Are they bringing any other New colors? Is nov 1st when a lot of new strollers/accessories come out?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics