Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Please recommend a stroller for a 2 year age gap
Previous  1  2  3  Next

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 5:18 pm
Some depends on your kid. My first (the older of my 2-year-gap) was a great walker who rarely got tired ever (day or night!) so I rarely used my double, but my current 3-year-old is not and we would have been pretty sad if she had a baby sibling and only a single stroller with maybe a buggy board. I would go with something that has an optional second seat, even if you don't love the idea of a seat low to the ground it's only for occasional/in-and-out use, and you can easily just detach it and use a buggy board instead if and when your kid is ready. Phil and Teds, B-ready, or the like. I've seen some Joovy sit-n-stands that seem compact enough and comfortable, too.

baschabad

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 6:06 pm
amother wrote:
Baschabad not really as I'm not a huge jogger. Do you like the bob? It's big and heavy right?

I'm not a jogger either! Rarely do I use it for exercise. I just love the way it runs. It's a breeze to push and handles all kinds of loads. I wouldn't say that it's particularly convenient to fold and store (at least my model isn't - it may be different in the newer ones) but I put it in and out of my trunk all the time. I haven't compared it to other strollers so I don't know if it's significantly more difficult.
I love my BOB the same way people love their Kitchenaids. I love using it!

Beyla

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 6:41 pm
I'm pretty happy with my city mini double. Folds so easily. The push is great.
My 2,3 years old is still using it a lot even if she loves to walk. The baby carrier/single stroller is a nice suggestion and I thought I would do that but carrying a baby all day long for any errand isn't for me and I'm pretty happy they both have their own seat in the stroller.
I've tried the select, the push doesn't look that great (the weight of the child in the front was hard) even if it's nice to have the 2nd seat in option. The fold isn't easy at all.

gande

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 6:54 pm
I recomend the citi mini. I have one and it served me well for 4 children.I love the fold, easy maneuver in crowds, lay flat seat for newborn and fits a large toddler.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 6:56 pm
amother wrote:
Hmm I never heard of the instep safari. I haven't gotten to try the bumble ride indie as they don't have it in stores near me.

instep only sells online. http://www.amazon.com/InStep-S.....oller

it's a heavy stroller, but the tires are awesome. the price is reasonable, the seats are pretty tall (I have a single version now, my near-four-year-old still goes in it occasionally), I haven't had any structural issues with my double or my single, and I used to routinely push four kids in my double. I don't jog, but I do take very long walks with my kids, think 2-3 hours a day when they're home with me.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 6:57 pm
I have citi mini double, for my kids, same age gap.
I loved it at the beginning, bc I was definitely in and out of the car much more in the beginning. (maybe because it was winter?)
once it was spring/summer, Idk if my older one got heavier (and shes a tiny kid) or what, but it got SO much harder to push.
I live in NYC and many stores, I couldnt go down some aisles, with the double! LOL (I remember ripping open about 5 bags of flour pushing my way down embarrassed )

If money and space weren't an issue for me, I would have bought the donkey hands down.
(if you do a lot of walking)

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 7:10 pm
Mountain buggy plus one.
Bad customer service
Great looks

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 8:34 pm
amother wrote:
Mountain buggy plus one.
Bad customer service
Great looks

I read about this one. Do you have it? Is it comfortable because it looks squishy.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 8:41 pm
amother wrote:
Iyh my kids will be just under 2 years apart. Money isn't a major issue (the donkey is an option but since I use the car a fair bit, but also walk around the neighborhood. I'm worried about lifting it and the seat height since my dc is super tall). Please list double strollers you love thanks!!

If I would be you I would defiantly get the donkey. Don't forget your looking for a double carriage. You have to see which carriage has the big air wheels. So its easy to push. Most double carriages are extremely heavy and hard to push. Nothing compares to the donkey.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 8:44 pm
amother wrote:
If I would be you I would defiantly get the donkey. Don't forget your looking for a double carriage. You have to see which carriage has the big air wheels. So its easy to push. Most double carriages are extremely heavy and hard to push. Nothing compares to the donkey.

Also for travelling you can get a double maclaren. Cheap and folds best for a car. But not for everyday use same problem as must small wheels gets very Heavy as kids grow older.

pause

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 9:25 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
Check out the Orbit Double Helix.
It's not very popular in the frum community for some reason: could be that people do not like the look, the price, don't want to be the first, or don't understand/see the benefits of the features, but that stroller is amazing.
Amazon claims it's discontinued by manufacturer.

r1

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 9:58 pm
I would think donkey + city mini would be the best combo.
Donkey: baby bassinet. can be used as single also if ur older child isn't coming or outgrew it. pretty:). good enough for any amount of walking but not impossible to take along.
Mini: if u don't expect it to be the donkey ( major walking comfort) then it does the job well. kids r comfy. best in terms of travel.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 10:15 pm
pause wrote:
Amazon claims it's discontinued by manufacturer.

I believe that's just the frame. You should still be able to purchase it as apart of a package or an add on piece from Orbit Baby.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 10:25 pm
Looks like they've discontinued the "Double Helix" and have upgraded and renamed it "Double Stroller." Check out the Orbit Baby website.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 11:03 pm
amother wrote:

Anoth plus from donkey is you can keep your new born in a bassinet and when baby grows out of the bassinet you can still have baby facing you while toddler faces street. Like this you Keep the trouble of toddler touching baby!!!!

I say go for it!!! I had the mountain buggy....then citi mini....then decide to spend the money on the donkey. The good part is we finally did get it. Bad part spended so much more cuz we did wana spend!!! If you do it do it right!

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 12:35 am
Thanks ladies!

My dc is over 33 inches tall. I can't believe some 3 year olds still fit in the bugaboo seat! If I knew I could get at least a year with the double it would be more of a no brainer.

Still also considering citi mini for the car And also maybe some of the tandems mentioned- mountain buggy one, bready and Phil and Ted. Citi select is too long I think.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 12:38 am
amother wrote:
Thanks ladies!

My dc is over 33 inches tall. I can't believe some 3 year olds still fit in the bugaboo seat! If I knew I could get at least a year with the double it would be more of a no brainer.

Still also considering citi mini for the car And also maybe some of the tandems mentioned- mountain buggy one, bready and Phil and Ted. Citi select is too long I think.

Why I still put my almost four yo in the donkey. I dont see why it shouldn't fit.

Tekky

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 3:51 am
For the Bugaboo Donkey there aren't any new colors or items coming out in the near future, as far as they've released information. They also came out with the chevron pattern a few months ago that's really pretty -
https://www.bugaboo.com/US/en_.....anopy

[img]https://apiassets.bugaboo.com/binaries/content/gallery/bugaboocms/strollers/special-editions/shiny-chevron/bgb_shinychevron_donkey_silver_380x380.jpg[/img]

miri36

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 4:06 am
Does anyone have the valco baby snap duo 2? I saw reviews that it's very lightweight and easy to push. No stores near me carry it though for me to try out. Amazon has it with free returns so I may just get it.

Sara89

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 6:46 am
I have the new valcobaby snapduo 2 and love it. My kids are 23 mo apart. I specifically didn't want citimini Cuz it's so boring and don't like the look. And personally the donkey is not that practical unless u have another option too Cuz it's so heavyset big. If I had twins though I think I would've gotten it...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics