Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Where do you keep wet towels?

cheerios

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 12:37 pm
Like used kitchen towels until you have enough for a load?
I do not have a laundry room and I dont want to put wet things in the hamper. Ideas?

lizard8

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 1:04 pm
If they are wet, then I let them dry on my oven handle. I hate when towels start getting moldy smelling. Once dry, they go into hamper.
Same with bath towels. They get hung up on hooks behind the door until dried.

mha3484

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 1:06 pm
I bought a tiny laundry hamper from the container store that I keep in the kitchen. When the shmatta is not useable I throw it in until I have enough to wash. Its great. For shower towels, I keep a laundry basket in the bathroom.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 1:09 pm
I either wash them with everything else or I just do a small load of towels from the kitchen and bathroom.

cbg

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 1:17 pm
lizard8 wrote:
If they are wet, then I let them dry on my oven handle. I hate when towels start getting moldy smelling. Once dry, they go into hamper.
Same with bath towels. They get hung up on hooks behind the door until dried.
o

Same here

Miri7

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 1:20 pm
I have a small wicker basket type hamper that I use and keep in the kitchen. I removed the canvas bag liner that came with it, as the liner kept air from circulating.

There seems to be enough air flow to prevent any yucky smell from coming up. I keep the hamper beneath the sink in the kitchen.

stem

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 8:50 pm
Keep a bucket either in the kitchen or laundry room with a little cold water mixed with vinegar and throw dirty towels to soak in there till you have a load. The vinegar prevents mold and also helps with the smell.

cheerios

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 11:12 pm
Thanks for all the replies. I can't do the oven handle idea since I go through a lot of towels. Maybe I'll try the small kitchen hamper idea.

busydev

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 11:14 pm
I hang them over the shower curtain rod or the side of the bathtub till they dry and then they go in the hamper.

DrMom

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 11:57 pm
Whew! I thought this was another sx-towel thread.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 12:02 am
I have an over the door hook rack on the back of my bathroom door that has 6 hooks, and I hang them there to dry.

bookworm10

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 12:23 am
Bathroom ones hang till dry, then I stick them in the hamper. If they are kitchen ones and really wet/dirty, I put them directly into the washing machine and wait to start a load.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry