Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Does anyone make yoshon oats?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 1:46 pm
Or am I now stuck without oats till after Pesach?

5*Mom

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 1:49 pm
Mornflake in a yellow can with a British hechsher is yoshon. I don't know where you live but that's what I use in Israel.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 1:54 pm
I am in NY. Do you think I might be able to buy it online?

cbg

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 2:14 pm
amother wrote:
I am in NY. Do you think I might be able to buy it online?
t

Dd lives in Flatbush and is very strict on yashan. She buys oats from either Jerusalem Glatt on Kingshighway or Avenue S mini market at the corner of s and east 8th street. She says everything in the store is yashan. They stock up from before. They carry all brands of oats.

5*Mom

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 2:33 pm
cbg wrote:
t

Dd lives in Flatbush and is very strict on yashan. She buys oats from either Jerusalem Glatt on Kingshighway or Avenue S mini market at the corner of s and east 8th street. She says everything in the store is yashan. They stock up from before. They carry all brands of oats.

This should be easy enough to check against production dates. Sounds like this makes more sense than imported British oats Wink.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 2:41 pm
Thanks. I'm not in Brooklyn but I'm not terribly far, so I guess me or dh can make the trip now and then.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 2:43 pm
5*Mom wrote:
This should be easy enough to check against production dates. Sounds like this makes more sense than imported British oats Wink.

yoshon.com
Has a list with dates
Not sure if it's reliable though

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 8:16 pm
yoshon.com is very reliable, it's updated as soon as a guide comes out, and actually is sometimes more up to date because the person who posts the updates sometimes finds mistakes and corrects them for R' Herman's guide -- at least that is what she told me a couple weeks ago Wink

(And if you would like to donate to help with upkeep of the site, that would be a wonderful thing. We're trying to update it to be a little more user friendly...)

I would definitely keep on looking in regular stores with the dates available, since you're likely to still find in October some stores with old enough stock. Do remember it's a leap year this year, so you have an extra month to cheshbon for!

working hard

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 10:17 pm
I find that I can ususally find oats in stop and shop and pathmark that are Yoshon even Purim time. Check dates.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen