Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Office and Photoshop software for Windows 10 PC?

Mevater

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 11:14 am
DD recently got a new Windows 10 PC and wants Office and Photoshop software.

Whats the most reasonable way to get it? Can I get it cheaply on Ebay (I think I once got Office for crazy cheap on Ebay)? What should I look for and watch out for?

TIA

happybeingamom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 11:38 am
The current versions of Office and Photoshop are subscription now. You would only be able to buy an older version and I don't know all the legalities if you can buy from someone who already used the license.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 3:31 pm
Many Adobe products sold on eBay are pirated versions and/or illegal version which cannot be activated. Be very, very careful. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Photoshop is an expensive program and if it is being sold for cheap, there is probably something wrong.

kb

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 3:35 pm
It does add up, but if all she wants from Adobe is photoshop, a subscription for photoshop only is $9.99/month.

Also, note that if she's a student, most software comes with a discounted student rate (or edition)

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 3:36 pm
kb wrote:
It does add up, but if all she wants from Adobe is photoshop, a subscription for photoshop only is $9.99/month.

Also, note that if she's a student, most software comes with a discounted student rate (or edition)

And with the subscription programs you are constantly updated to the newest version (if you want it).

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 3:50 pm
Mevater wrote:
DD recently got a new Windows 10 PC and wants Office and Photoshop software.

Whats the most reasonable way to get it? Can I get it cheaply on Ebay (I think I once got Office for crazy cheap on Ebay)? What should I look for and watch out for?

TIA

I neglected to comment on the Office part of the question. With Windows 10 once gets an offer from the MS Store to purchase a year subscription (which covers 5 PCs and includes 1T cloud storage) for either $79 or $99 with a discount (I think it was 30%) on top of that as a new Win 10 user. I'm not doing the math now to see exactly what it was, but I think I paid around $35 for it (one year subscription). That includes all of the office apps. Personally I think that even at the full $99 that is a good deal.

mille

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:27 pm
Does it have to be Microsoft Office, or any office-type suite? I really like LibreOffice, which is free and win 10 compatible. There's also google docs (which you can save as a doc file to your computer, too) for very light word processing.

Photoshop is going to be a fortune anywhere you get it legally.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics