Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Shabbos Issue

gitty6

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:16 pm
I would like to make manufacturers aware on how hard it is to open nosh on Shabbos without tearing into some lettering or images on the wrappers. Sometimes it is almost impossible. Children are definitely not enough careful with it. Crying
Any suggestions?

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:32 pm
Sorry, no suggestions, but I agree that it is really a problem. Even as an adult reasonably knowledgeable of the halachos there are many items I find extremely difficult to open properly on Shabbos. I think this should be part of the responsibility of the hashgocha -- while, okay, the food is still kosher, if one can't open it properly on Shabbos, that should be their concern as well.

gitty6

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:36 pm
LET'S START A CAMPAIGN FOR IT! THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT OVERLOOKED ISSUE!

animeme

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:36 pm
Maybe write a letter to one of the magazines like Mishpacha and ask them to publish it and bring it to the attention of their advertisers, giving them the opportunity to respond.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:38 pm
animeme wrote:
Maybe write a letter to one of the magazines like Mishpacha and ask them to publish it and bring it to the attention of their advertisers, giving them the opportunity to respond.

I am quite certain that there have already been letters on this topic (you could certainly write about it again, but they have been published).

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:47 pm
gitsilber wrote:
LET'S START A CAMPAIGN FOR IT! THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT OVERLOOKED ISSUE!

Hi gitsilber! Welcome to Imamother!

In case you weren't aware of internet etiquette, using all caps is considered the equivalent of yelling in a conversation.

I agree that packaging is an issue.

zaq

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:39 pm
open nosh before shabbos.

gitty6

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 3:15 pm
That's one good idea; okay. You don't always remember, and some things lose their freshness if it doesn't get used. Also a big issue is that children get nosh Shabbos in peklech and without hesitation they just open it..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note