Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Recipes with deli
1  2  Next

fbc

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:24 pm
What can I do aside from deli sandwiches/deli roll? For adults for dinner. Nothing too complicated. I have pastrami, smoked turkey and bologna. Ideas?

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:27 pm
fbc wrote:
What can I do aside from deli sandwiches/deli roll? For adults for dinner. Nothing too complicated. I have pastrami, smoked turkey and bologna. Ideas?

Chef's salad -- cube deli or cut into strips and mix into your favorite lettuce salad & dressing. If you want a specific recipe with a dressing, let me know and I'll pull it out for you.

fbc

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:30 pm
Well, as life has it, I don't like salad, but I can make it for my husband Smile would you mind giving me a recipe? That'd be great! Still welcoming other ideas, I always have leftover deli after making a deli roll, so could use ideas!!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:33 pm
Rice or orzo pastrami.
Chicken roll ups.
Green beans and pastrami.
Chicken pastrami florets.
Turnovers.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:34 pm
fbc wrote:
Well, as life has it, I don't like salad, but I can make it for my husband Smile would you mind giving me a recipe? That'd be great! Still welcoming other ideas, I always have leftover deli after making a deli roll, so could use ideas!!

Chef’s Salad

Dressing
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon mustard
salt to taste

Lettuce
Other vegetables to taste
Cold cuts, cubed

Combine dressing ingredients and mix with lettuce and meat.

fbc

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:38 pm
Thank you ootbubby! Ramom, can I have the recipes? If to much to write, can you tell me where to find them? Thanks!

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:39 pm
fbc wrote:
Thank you ootbubby! Ramom, can I have the recipes? If to much to write, can you tell me where to find them? Thanks!

I also have a great deli salad recipe that is geared as an appetizer, not a main dish. Are you interested in that one?

fbc

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:40 pm
Yup, I'll take any recipes I can get! Thanks Smile

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:43 pm
fbc wrote:
Yup, I'll take any recipes I can get! Thanks Smile

Deli Appetizer

Dressing:
1/8 cup vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 cup water
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. mustard

Salad:
lettuce shreds
angel hair pasta, cooked
pastrami or corned beef (other deli is good too) (1/2 lb. for 5-6 servings), rolled and cut into strings
rice noodles, chinese noodles or croutons

Combine dressing ingredients. Arrange on plate: lettuce shreds, pasta, deli, rice noodles. Drizzle with dressing.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:48 pm
You can do your own thing and use these recipes as a base

Chicken Pastrami Florets
http://www.tastebook.com/recip.....rets-

Pastrami Orzo or Rice
Cook, rinse and drain orzo or cook rice according to package directions.
Sauté diced onions and sliced pastrami until pastrami is crispy and onions are golden brown.
Combine with orzo/rice. Season with salt and pepper.

Chicken Roll Ups
Smear thin cut chicken cutlets with a tiny bit of mustard. Place pastrami on chicken piece. Roll up. Secure with toothpick.
Dip rolled chicken in mayo. Roll in corn flake crumbs. Place in baking pan. Drizzle with just a drop of duck sauce.
Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve with duck sauce on the side, as a dipping sauce.

Turnovers
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....61575
You can sauté some onion, add various shredded deli meats, some sauce and make turnovers.

Green beans and pastrami
http://culinarykosher.com/reci.....KFOtU

tweety1

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:43 pm
Tnx ra_mom. These recipes are making my mouth water!

fbc

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:59 pm
I double the thank you!! I think first I'll try the pastrami rice thing. Can I also saute into it smoked turkey and bologna? Or are those things that generally don't get sauteed?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 9:03 pm
fbc wrote:
I double the thank you!! I think first I'll try the pastrami rice thing. Can I also saute into it smoked turkey and bologna? Or are those things that generally don't get sauteed?
You can but will probably need a bit of sauce drizzled on top. Maybe a mix of teriyaki and duck sauce, heated and drizzled lightly on top before serving.

fbc

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 9:06 pm
Sauce because they dry out? Or does sauteeing ruin the taste?

Amarante

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 9:36 pm
Pastrami, Corn, and Red Pepper Sauté

Serves 4

1 tablespoon olive oi
1 red pepper, diced
1 cup cubed pastrami (either buy sliced pastrami at the deli and cut it in thin strips or buy a chunk from the butcher and cut it into bite size pieces)
2 cups corn kernels (from 3 – 4 ears of fresh corn) – yes you can use canned too
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup chopped parsley, optional

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in pastrami and cook until a little browned, about 3 minutes. Add corn and cook until heated through. Add salt and parsley and toss to combine. Remove from heat and serve warm or at room temperature.

Amarante

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 9:37 pm
Broccoli, Grape, and Pastrami Salad

Serves 12

6 cups broccoli florets
3 green onions, sliced
1 cup diced celery
1 cup green grapes
1 cup seedless red grapes
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 pound pastrami, cooked, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted

In a large salad bowl, combine the broccoli, onions, celery and grapes. In another bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar and both vinegars; pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Stir in pastrami and almonds just before serving.

Amarante

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 9:39 pm
Pastrami Sandwich Challah
Yield 1 large challah

If you have a local butcher as an option, please please please go get freshly sliced pastrami. Thin is best—a thick-cut pastrami will not result in the same consistency.

Make sure not to spread the Russian dressing on too thick, or you could end up with a leaky challah. I know that sounds delicious, but it might not make for such a pretty-looking challah.

Ingredients
5 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 cup vegetable oil
½ Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp onion powder
½ cup sugar
1 ½ cups lukewarm water
1 Tbsp yeast
1 tsp sugar
2 eggs plus one egg yolk
1/8-1/4 lb thinly sliced pastrami
3 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp mayo
Poppy seeds
Dried minced onion
Thick sea salt (optional)

Directions

Proof yeast by placing yeast, 1 tsp sugar and lukewarm water in a small bowl. Stir gently just once or twice. Allow to sit around 10 minutes, until it becomes foamy on top.

In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, onion powder and 1/2 cup sugar. After the water-yeast mixture has become foamy, add to flour mixture along with oil. Mix thoroughly.

Add another cup of flour and 2 eggs until smooth (save extra egg yolk for later). Switch to the dough hook attachment if you are using a stand mixer.

Add another 1 1/2 cups flour and then remove from bowl and place on a floured surface. Knead remaining flour into dough, continuing to knead for around 10 minutes (or however long your hands will last).

Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with damp towel. Allow to rise 3-4 hours.

After dough has risen, roll out dough using a rolling pin until it is about ½ inch thick. Mix ketchup and mayo in a small bowl and spread a thin layer all over the dough.

Lay pastrami down in a single layer overlapping pieces only slightly.

Working quickly, start rolling up the dough towards you. Try and keep the roll relatively tight as you go. Pinch the end when you finish.

Create a pinwheel shaped-challah by snaking the dough around and around in a circle around itself. When finished, tuck the end under the challah neatly and pinch lightly. This doesn't have to be perfect - remember, as long as it tastes good, almost no one will care what it looks like.

Allow challah to rise another hour. This extra rise will ensure fluffy challah.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brush challah with beaten egg yolk and sprinkle with poppy seeds, dried onion and a touch of thick sea salt (optional). Bake challah for 27-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.

Serve warm.

imamothertoo

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 9:43 pm
Pastrami egg rolls

fbc

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 9:49 pm
Wow thanks everyone!! Imamothertoo, can I have the recipe?

imamothertoo

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 9:54 pm
Saute onions. Add it pastrami cut in pieces. Saute together for little bit till heated thru. Add sauce of Ur preference. I add little bit of sweet chili sauce. Put in a spring roll wrapper and roll up like an egg roll. I freeze it at this point. When I want to serve it, I defrost and fry. I serve w little sweet chili on the side.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics