Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
High schools forOTD teen girls

helpfulmum

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 7:58 pm
does anyone know anything about the Bnos Chaya high School in Brooklyn run by Rabbi Wallerstein and the kind of girls that go there? or any other high schools that would help a teenager well on the way to going off?

reality mom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:33 pm
Nefesh Academy works with girls on the way off. Bnot Chaya is for girls who are already off.

helpfulmum

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 11:11 pm
Thanks. Can anyone tell me any more about Nefesh academy, is it just a high school, how many kids go and is it run like, say, a Bais Yaakov. Is it successful in turning the girls around?

Leahh

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 11:13 pm
It could be nefesh Academy changed in recent years but a few years ago it was a school for immigrant, non religious children (mostly russian). More of a kiruv kind of school

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 11:38 pm
Nefesh Academy did change in recent years! I taught there ten years ago and mostly girls from Russian and Syrian backgrounds. Now I know girls, that are exactly as you describe your daughter, going there... I know they have amazing, very involved teachers that really do a lot for the girls there. Also, they're fully accredited. I don't know exactly your personal situation but would say its worth to give it a shot. Maybe, ask to be shown around to feel it out... a mother knows best! The right person to speak to would be Mrs. Tzivi Friedman and can be reached by calling the office @ (718) 339-9880 (And no, I'm not involved in the school now at all and don't get any commission! ) Good luck with everything!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children