Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Great Opportunity to Visit Israel Inexpensively

grace413

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 2:26 pm
New campaign offers Americans a low-cost holiday in Israel
In midst of wave of terror, Tourism Ministry teams up with Groupon to offer US households a week-long winter vacation in Israel starting at $990 - including flights, a hotel, meals and tours.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articl......html

Sanguine

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 2:29 pm
Nothing like a "War Sale" Rolling Eyes

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 2:31 pm
awesome opportunity- how does one find it- read through the link, but can't see where to look on Groupon for the deals.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 2:35 pm
My mother is planning on coming soon, where can she access this? She is starting to look for a ticket now.

grace413

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 2:37 pm
http://www.goisrael.com/Touris......aspx

This link has the phone numbers of Israel Government Tourist Offices in various places in the US. Try calling. The campaign is just starting today.

grace413

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 2:40 pm
Sanguine wrote:
Nothing like a "War Sale" Rolling Eyes

The packages are for January/February (a traditionally slow tourist time). This is a deviation from the Tourism Ministry's usual practice, they usually shut down all advertising and promotions when hostilities are at this level.

Sanguine

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 3:15 pm
My daughter was born a week after the Gulf War. My mother could only come for one week so she didn't want to come before I actually gave birth. ElAl was great. For the whole time of the war they let her change her ticket as often as she wanted- no charge, plus an extra suitcase. Nothing like a War Sale.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 3:36 pm
My in-laws & DH's grandmother were in EY in 1967 when the war broke out. They were evacuated to Europe.

Sanguine

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 3:38 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
My in-laws & DH's grandmother were in EY in 1967 when the war broke out. They were evacuated to Europe.
I guess it's a gamble to come on a War Sale

grace413

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 3:45 pm
OOTBubby wrote:

I was here in 1973 when the Yom Kippur war broke out and nobody was evacuated. I can see that in 67 the dangers to the civilian population were greater than in 73.

I certainly don't forsee any plans to evacuate anybody from here in the near future. (yes, I know I'm not a neviah). I"YH, by January/February, when this promotion is in effect, the situation will be better.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 3:47 pm
grace413 wrote:
I was here in 1973 when the Yom Kippur war broke out and nobody was evacuated. I can see that in 67 the dangers to the civilian population were greater than in 73.

I certainly don't forsee any plans to evacuate anybody from here in the near future. (yes, I know I'm not a neviah). I"YH, by January/February, when this promotion is in effect, the situation will be better.

I don't disagree with you -- just pointing out what could potentially happen. Personally, I just returned from a trip to EY for Sukkos and would have no problem going back tomorrow. And I have kids living there (I posted here about one couple who was on the scene of the pigua last week in Geulah on Meah Shearim and hid in the bathroom of Sam's Bagels).

Iymnok

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 4:21 pm
So where is the link? The article said groupon...

grace413

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 1:15 am
Here's the groupon link:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/.....ael-2

etky

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 1:58 am
OOTBubby wrote:

In the situation back then in 67, the threat of war generated dire apocalyptic predictions throughout Israel. The preparations for war included mass graves being dug in Tel Aviv, thousands of makeshift hospital beds being prepared and gas masks being amassed. People, and the government prepared for the worst. The war was perceived as an existential threat to the very existence of the State. Levi Eshkol and Yithak Rabin both had what appeared to be nervous breakdowns in the period leading up to the war.
I believe we still face existential threats today but the current outbreak of violence is not one of them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions